One Hundred Terminators

Grimdarkness

We knew that the DA and there successor chapters field TDA equipped first company. We also know the means of creating new suites is a lost tech and that new suites are more works of art then anything else just for the time it takes to build them.

My wondering is would a newer chapter who knows of the fallen field PA equipped first company to capture a member of the fallen or would they hand off to the older chapters? If they do would the whole first be sternguard or a mix of vanguard with sternguard.

Grimm.

There's no reason why they wouldn't or couldn't handle the job themselves. No successor is going to hand off the responsibility of capturing the Fallen, even if it is to their parent chapter. Their sense of honour and duty wouldn't allow it. The Deathwing being terminator armoured is a by-product of the fact that the Dark Angels Legion had a significant number of terminator armoured assault companies when it was broken down into chapters. Even if the Unforgiven chapters couldn't provide a new founding with enough suits of terminator armour to complete a first company, that's no reason why the new chapter couldn't capture Fallen with power armoured veterans.

My opinion as to the composition of the new first company is that it would have a mixture of Vanguard and Sternguard style squads unless the chapter preferred a particular type of warfare in the extreme.

Well, The codex says that the successor chapters are very similar to the Dark Angels (and implies that they are EXACTLY like the DA organization.) If you want to choose out of the blue codex then do that but you will get looked at funny... Especially as our Company Vets are more flexible than theirs.

And I read somewhere that the 14th Assault CHAPTER equipped entirely in TDA was late to the drop on Caliban and thus avoided destruction. We have plenty of suits.

What does Tactical Dreadnought Armour have to do with catching the Fallen?

In "Sons of Fenris", four Dark Angels are sent to catch a Fallen. None are equipped in TDA. There may very well be an element of "they wear Terminator armour because the Fallen are considered to be the most dangerous foes", but I honestly think that it's just as much an honorific: the idea that the best warriors wear the best gear.

Where TDA is absent, I would offer that the First Company equips itself as needed, depending on the mission. If, for example, Golrathiel the Spewer of Lies was hiding in a labyrinthine Space Hulk with constantly winding passages, I seriously doubt Sternguard Veterans would be the right call.

What does Tactical Dreadnought Armour have to do with catching the Fallen?

In "Sons of Fenris", four Dark Angels are sent to catch a Fallen. None are equipped in TDA. There may very well be an element of "they wear Terminator armour because the Fallen are considered to be the most dangerous foes", but I honestly think that it's just as much an honorific: the idea that the best warriors wear the best gear.

Where TDA is absent, I would offer that the First Company equips itself as needed, depending on the mission. If, for example, Golrathiel the Spewer of Lies was hiding in a labyrinthine Space Hulk with constantly winding passages, I seriously doubt Sternguard Veterans would be the right call.

True I never understood why the raven wing don,t bring down the fallen they chase down these traitors until there exhausted in both mind and body and then they pull up and watch the death wing port in and do there thing. Way make the RW stop?

Archived