Dark Angels Damocles Rhino

Unforgiven2544

Good Morning Fellow Gamers,

I was brainstorming the other day, as is sometiems necessary to keep from going completely insane... and I Was wondering about converting up a Damocles Command Rhino (mostly kitbashed)

Damocles command Rhino:

• Damocles Command Rhino Conversion Kit [Forge World]

• Dark Angels Rhino Doors [Forge World]

• Sisters of Battle Immolator

• Dark Angels Icons [Forge World, GW DA and/or Ravenwing and or Deathwing]

Use the Immolator as a base, complete with the glass dome over the command compartment (It fits with over the crew cupola if the immolator turret is not used) and Forge World doors (and other DA icons). The techmarines in the rear compartment with the auspex and surveyor gear, and the radar antenna towards the back (Where the Fleur de Lis cap would normally go).

Add parchments and litanies and purity seals to taste.

Is this feasible? Would it be suitable as a Damocles, or would it be too over-the-top for an Unforgiven chapter?

Thank you for your time and your inputs.

Very Respectfully,

--Unforgiven

I think it would look pretty good. I did something similar last year. You can see it here. Post #4

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=242348

It's your money do what you want with it. The clear dome would be unique.

I am pretty sure it would look cool, but I am wondering about how it fits theme-wise with the Dark Angels. It would probably look great with the Black Templars, or the Fire Angels, or one of the other chapters with close ties to that ecclesiarchy.

Before I make the leap to purchase everything... I am trying to get a concensus/feel.

Also, I really like your conversion, and it was part of the inspiration for my idea. :tu:

I think it would look pretty good. I did something similar last year. You can see it here. Post #4

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=242348

It's your money do what you want with it. The clear dome would be unique.

I am pretty sure it would look cool, but I am wondering about how it fits theme-wise with the Dark Angels. It would probably look great with the Black Templars, or the Fire Angels, or one of the other chapters with close ties to that ecclesiarchy.

Before I make the leap to purchase everything... I am trying to get a concensus/feel.

Also, I really like your conversion, and it was part of the inspiration for my idea. ;)

I am not sure how many players would "boo hu" because of the origins of some of the parts. It either looks cool or it doesn't.

"Yo Brother Bob whats with that glass bubble on top of the Command Track?"

"Glad you ask Brother Bill, it's the protective housing for our Dark Angel super Signum, Auspix, Teleport Homing, target tracker thingy. Cool huh."

I have seen similar applications of bubble enclosures for sensor arrays in real life, go for

I agree with pueriexdeus. And provided it mights WYSIWYG requirements then no problems. Sounds like an awesome idea – love the idea of the techmarine riding in the back.

Archived