New Paints- what to buy?

sehguhdier

Hey guys!

Good things often come out of bad events. I moved into some new housing at my university and the cleaning crew came by the next day, cleaned the room, and kindly threw away my stuff. This included almost all of my paints and brushes. Good news is that the university is going to reimburse me for it- so I get to pick out a new set of paints. I'd previously used Reaper MSP. I had them for about two months and I liked the feel of them generally. I'm looking for a good set of greys. Specifically I'd like ones that are neutral (neither warm nor cold) and have a very dark grey (I'm highlighting up from black).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hey sehguhdier,

True neutral greys are pretty paltry in most selections, but you can mix your own with black and white. The best collection of greys I've used have been Vallejo's model colors. They're very toned down and subtle in coloration. My favorites are:

London Grey - Gris Londres

Medium Sea Grey - Gris Marina Medio

and German Grey - Gris Aleman

Hey sehguhdier,

True neutral greys are pretty paltry in most selections, but you can mix your own with black and white. The best collection of greys I've used have been Vallejo's model colors. They're very toned down and subtle in coloration. My favorites are:

London Grey - Gris Londres

Medium Sea Grey - Gris Marina Medio

and German Grey - Gris Aleman

Thank you sir, that's just what I'm looking for. I'll probably buy some of the other greys in that line and try them out. I can always use them for NMM if they are a bit bluer.

Archived