The Tale of the Siegemaster

Dosjetka

Usually, the cold did not bother him. Being a native of the region, one of the coldest of the planet, he knew what it was to be cold. Yet as the wind blew, he felt the wind sweep through him and gnaw at his insides. It was not a pleasant feeling and it worried him. He scratched the stubble of his chin, feeling the silver hair that grew there. He was aging. He hated to admit it but he was getting older and he would soon join the ice caverns where his ancestors of his noble house were kept in eternal sleep, never to awaken again. But at least they were free. Unlike himself, his ancestors travelled the skies, seeking out unknown beings, accomplishing whatever goals they had given themselves. They could roam the night skies at their will, enjoying the utter liberty death had offered them.

Soon though, he would be able to do the same.

Soon, he would be liberated of his earthly shakles that bound him and be able to join his ancestors in the night skies and give up his mortal responsibilities.

He lingered on the balcony for a moment longer, his fur cloak billowing as the onslaught of the wind continued. A sudden movement caught his eye and he looked up, seeing a comet split the sky night in two. The sight warmed his heart and yet he knew not why.

+++

I hope that you've enjoyed this first short introduction part :huh: I plan on telling the story of Dorn until just after the moment when he meets the Emperor. I hope to update this regularly, so keep your eyes peeled!

Cheers for reading!

Ludovic

Archived