No Codex update?

shortysl

Excuse me brothers, but while i was infiltrating the Black Templar forum in search of leads on Fallen, i came across the rather disturbing news that we are unlikely to receive a new Codex anytime soon because GW doesn't want to waste money updating an army that isn't popular! Someone tell me they've heard differently? How in the Lion's name can GW expect Dark Angels to gain in popularity when we are so poorly represented by our current Codex? We pretty much need an updated book to bring us in line with the other armies that are being made shiny now, so of course our chapter won't be attracting new players in its current state.

I'm in a state of rage right now so before i type something that'll get me in trouble, i'll ask for thoughts and info.

Also, look at the necrons. How many necron players did you know? And they got a new codex. Then again, they needed some help.

BT is the oldest now, IIRC. After that, look at the remaining armies with 4th Ed codices. There are others that need fixing more. DA with the 1.1 version FAQ is still a solid army and while it does not enjoy (or suffer from) the flavor of the month popularity, it is still a common army. Besides, where do you think all those "wing" armies got their names?

And on another note ... My primary army is Witch Hunters ... ummm ... Sisters of Battle. You do not want a rushed codex.

where do you think all those "wing" armies got their names?

Exactly, we run the risk of having those elements that make us unique absorbed into other chapters, making Dark Angels effectively redundant. Dark Angels were popular enough until GW made a mess of the codex, and now they're surprised that people aren't keen on them anymore?

If GW didn't want to 'waste money' on our new codex, they should've just incorporated us into C:SM and used our characters to allow for Deathwing and Ravenwing.

Edit: Excuse me if i seem a little abrupt, GW have really irked me with their attitude, although sadly, i'm not surprised.

According to the latest rumormills, we have about a year or so to wait until we find out whether or not we will be incorporated directly into the 6th edition Space Marine codex, or whether we have a few more years of waiting until we receive a unique new 6th edition Dark Angels book.

I definitely don't mind waiting, especially if the end result really solidifies us as a chapter (from our many incarnations).

Archived