Where do Land Speeders and other vehicles fit in?

Redfinger

I am currently building the Imperial Fist 5th Company, I have 5 of the 6 tactical squads built, 1 assault squad and all the other parts to make the rest of the company, congruently I am also building my 2k IF list as well, the list has a few land speeders, some dreadnoughts and 3 predators. I am trying to model this list in a fluffy way and stick to the appropriate codex markings and designations...meaning that all the tact's will be 5th company tact's, 2 of my 3 dreadnoughts are also 5th company with the 3rd being from the 1st....but my question now is about land speeders and predators.

After consulting the SM codex, it is not really clear on where these land speeders are positioned in the companies, initially I thought they would be form the 8th reserve company, ie the whole "speed" things seems conclusive with 8th company doctrine, but the codex is unclear..should the speeders be trimmed in black, or should they be trimmed in grey? Also, the predators, those would belong to the chapter, not particularly a company, yes I know there are exceptions, but what would be the "best" way to trim out the predators, perhaps in vermilion, the IF accent color?

What are your thoughts, do you guys just paint to keep everything coherent, or do you have recommendations to keep things fluffy looking?

Ashton

According to the 3rd ed SM codex, full battle company should have

15 Rhinoes

5 Land Speeders

5 Land Speeder Typhoons

5 Land Speeder Tornados

25 Bikes

5 Attack Bikes

permanently attached and not part of the armoury.

According to the 3rd ed SM codex, full battle company should have

15 Rhinoes

5 Land Speeders

5 Land Speeder Typhoons

5 Land Speeder Tornados

25 Bikes

5 Attack Bikes

permanently attached and not part of the armoury.

I did not realize that....I only started playing recently. I dug a little further through the current SM codex and apparently all marines are trained to pilot land speeders, though it usually gets doled out to those who like it. The codex also indicates that the 7th company is entirely trained to use land speeders and often acts as a light vehicle reserve unit. So I guess I could go either way with the land speeders, though I may just make them 7th company just to add some visual variety to the army, the black/yellow thing is pretty high contrast.

I am still at a loss with the predators though, not sure how they should be painted up as the "armory" has no heraldry color.

Ashton

Archived