Imperial Fist 5th Company WIP(picture heavy)

Redfinger

So for about the last 6 months I have been slowly building the entire 5th company of the Imperial Fist 5th Company. In addition to the entire company, I am also building my 2k list, which will be based on a shooty mobile melta, or a terminator bubble wrap.

The project currently stand as follows;

HQ

5th Company Captain- assembled

5th Company Chaplain- Assembled

5th Company Honor Guard- Assembled

Chapter Librarian-Complete

Captain Lysander-complete

Captain Pedro-assembled

Elites

2 5th Company Dreadnoughts- Assembled, 1 is painted, the other is in progress.

1 1stCompany Dreadnought- assembly in progress

1 1st Company Contemptor(count as dreadnought)- assembled and paint is in progress

Sternguard- assembly in progress

Terminators- 5 assembled and paint is in progress

1st Company LRC- base coated, 2nd Land Raider build in progress

Troops

1st Squad- Done

2nd Squad- Done

3rd Squad- Paint in progress

4th Squad- Assembled

5th Squad-Assembled

6th Squad- assembled

Fast Attack

7th Squad- 5 assembled

8th Squad- Not started

Heavy

9th Squad- assembled

10th squad-assembly in progress

Vehicles

5 of 8 Rhinos assembled, magnetized and paint is in progress, can switch to Razorbacks if needed

2 of 3 Predators assembled, and magnetized.

2 of 2 Land Speeders, assembled and magnetized.

Now for some pictures!! Some of what I am posting has been posted before, I just want to collect it all now into on place.

HQ's

Captain and Chaplain, not happy with the Captain, I may try and do a different conversion.

IMG_6238.JPG

Librarian, Sevrin Loth model

IMG_6195.JPG

Lysander

IMG_6219.JPG

Honor Guard,just went with a well rounded load out, I dont know if these guys will ever actually see a game....

IMG_6239.JPG

Librarian in Terminator armor

IMG_6243.JPG

Elites

Dreadnoughts, the 2 on the right will go with the 5th Company the one on the left will be a 1st Company, I am still waiting on bits to complete his Autocannon coversion. These guys are full magnetized.

IMG_6220.JPG

Count as Dreadnought going to the 1st Company, again fully magnetized;

IMG_6233.JPG

Some Terminators in progress;

IMG_6228.JPG

My test model for my Sternguard, once I complete the 5th Company, my next project will be the 1st Company...

IMG_6242.JPG

Now for some troops! I have some "fluff" history and like the SM Codex have given my squads names or small histories...as I complete them I will post up that info for your reading enjoyment!!

1st Squad

IMG_6208.JPG

2nd Squad

IMG_6212.JPG

3rd Squad

IMG_6213.JPG

4th Squad

IMG_6214.JPG

5th Squad

IMG_6216.JPG

Fast Attack

7th Squad, about half done

IMG_6234.JPG

Heavy

9th Squad, the beginnings of it anyway...

IMG_6244.JPG

Vehicles, they are all fully magnetized and can be changed to any configuration;

The predators;

IMG_6222.JPG

IMG_6223.JPG

Rhinos;

IMG_6224.JPG

IMG_6225.JPG

IMG_6226.JPG

IMG_6227.JPG

Land Speeder, 2 are done, but they are both identical, fully magnetized;

IMG_6246.JPG

And that is it for now...I will be updating this about every week, so hit the "subscribe" button and check back in when I post something new. I will also keep my "master list" updated as well. Feel free to leave any feedback as well!!

Ashton

Nice start you have here Red. I love the FW suits of armour, but is nice to see the bitz spread throughout your force as it seems quite fluffy (especially for first founding). You have some nice poses going on, and the yeller' looks spot on. I look forward to more (quite a lot more it would seem!)

Very nice paint job, your yellow looks perfect in my opinion. I also very much like your autocannon conversions, but I'm wondering why you didn't go with the FW bits like you did for your other squads? A minor detail, just something that sticks out to me. I'll guess that you play Guard also and just had extra cannons lying around.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. In regards to the mixed armor, if you look in the SM codex you can see that the 2nd company picture they have it is the same why, various Mk's mixed and even suits parts being mixed as well, I thought that would look visually appealing. I spent a lot of time trolling ebay to get all the bits....

@Kovash. I like the more mechanical look of the IG autocannons, I don't particularly like the FW autocannon arms, they seem a little simple to me.

Ashton

In regards to the mixed armor, if you look in the SM codex you can see that the 2nd company picture they have it is the same why, various Mk's mixed and even suits parts being mixed as well, I thought that would look visually appealing. I spent a lot of time trolling ebay to get all the bits....

It works well with the uniform colour scheme as on 1st squad, adds to the idea that all the marines are individual with their own items of wargear ^_^ Can I just add my fave is 2nd squad, centre on the front row 'rapid fire while looking cool'.

The JP's are from Chapterhouse Studios...I will be doing the same thing with those that I have done with the marines, I will mix and match. I did a little work on this guy last night, as I already mentioned I was not too happy with the Company Captain conversion I did;

IMG_6238.JPG

He was going to have a helmet-less head, and I was never really totally satisfied with the conversion....This was what I came up with last night while I was dinking around a bit;

IMG_6251.JPG

IMG_6252.JPG

IMG_6253.JPG

Now obviously this guy needs some work, the conversion on the legs still needs to be done, and shoulders also, but what do you guys think of the head? I dont think it looks right and might switch it out for a bald marine...Also, I think the top part of the hammer needs to be tilted toward the mini instead of away from the mini like it is, it will look more natural.

Lastly, if you notice the left hand is carrying his helmet, any one ever seen something like this before? What was done detail wise in the helmet to make it look real? I am trying to think how I might be able to added some detail in there....

Ashton

Now obviously this guy needs some work, the conversion on the legs still needs to be done, and shoulders also, but what do you guys think of the head? I dont think it looks right and might switch it out for a bald marine...Also, I think the top part of the hammer needs to be tilted toward the mini instead of away from the mini like it is, it will look more natural.

I think perhaps one of the bald marine heads with a grille resprirator? (This is a commander one, but there are others out there to choose from.)

Also: Yes to the tilting. If it was brought a liitle further up (but not much) it'd look more natual, I think.

Lastly, if you notice the left hand is carrying his helmet, any one ever seen something like this before? What was done detail wise in the helmet to make it look real? I am trying to think how I might be able to added some detail in there....

There is a mini on CMON I saw a while ago that had a detailed inner helmet. It had a bare right arm carrying a hammer and had the helmet in the left. Tbh I recall it looks a hell of alot like what your captain looks like now...

I think perhaps one of the bald marine heads with a grille resprirator? (This is a commander one, but there are others out there to choose from.)

Also: Yes to the tilting. If it was brought a liitle further up (but not much) it'd look more natual, I think.

There is a mini on CMON I saw a while ago that had a detailed inner helmet. It had a bare right arm carrying a hammer and had the helmet in the left. Tbh I recall it looks a hell of alot like what your captain looks like now...

I found the picture, and you are right the resemblance is uncanny...I had never seen that image before, that is weird to almost come up with the same pose, armament, and hand position :P

Ashton

I do like the pose of the new Captain but as you say with a slight hammer tilt and the head choice could be better, either a bald/shaven headed one or maybe the Sergeant out of the Dev box as he has a suitably 'stern' hair cut, especially if you paint it grey. The BA floppy fop hair is not really for the 'Fists, imho of course. As for the inside of the helm maybe some wires/bionics, maybe a receptor where the ear goes, paint the inside of the eyes and grille? Actually sod it, that sounds a bit compicated, just paint it black lol :)

And the Imperial Fist armies keep on coming !! :)

Nice looking army Redfinger - like the way you have made each figure an individual but retained an overall uniform look in regard to poses.

Oh and I am stealing your autocannon idea !

Hope you keep us updated with this project .

I found the picture, and you are right the resemblance is uncanny...I had never seen that image before, that is weird to almost come up with the same pose, armament, and hand position :)

I'd put that in the 'Great minds think alike' file. ^_^

So I have made a little progress on one of the 5th Company Dreadnoughts...you will notice in the photos that the finish is rather shiny, this is because I will be doing some weathering with oil paints and it is best to apply those types of paints to a semi-gloss or glass surface. I am also trying something new for the metal surfaces on the Dread, you will notice that it has all been painted dark gray and received a very light dry-brushing of a lite gray oil paint mixed with some artist wax, I am trying to achieve what I call a IMF, or Industrial Metal Finish. If you look at cast metal parts,machine parts, engines, they are all dark in color, sooty, oily, grimy and dirty, there is very little shine to them, that is what I am going to try and achieve on this guy using weathering powders and oil paints. SO check back soon for some updates on the progress!!

Ashton

IMG_6266.JPG

IMG_6268.JPG

IMG_6269.JPG

Archived