Techmarine Allegiances?

henrywalker

so i just bought my first techmarine :blink:

i wanna take him with my grey knights and my blood angels at different times and i was wondering how to paint him.

firstly am i right in saying that tech marines are often 'freelance' and not associated with a chapter

secondly, if they are freelance what is there normal colour scheme?

thirdly, if it is read which i think it might be how might he be made to look different to blood angels?

thanks

Techmarines are loyal to their chapter. They have dual allegances, one with home chapter, and the other with the Admech.

But to help you out in you delemma. is to paint your Techmarine in the holy colors of planet Mars. i.e Red. Thus you have a standard techmarine in there colors to both represent a loyal brother of either your BA's or your GK's. hope this helps

Techmarines are members of their Chapter, but are also trained by the Ad-Mech. Techmarines normally have all-red armour, with just one shoulder pad in their Chapter's colours (like chaplains have black armour, librarians have blue armour, apothecaries have white armour).

But yes, I agree that if you want to use the same model in your BA and your GK, I'd just paint it all-red? To make it different to your BA you could go for a different shade of red? Or add white cog-details? Or have more metalics showing?

In the books I have read so far, they are a rust red. So a darker, maybe brick red to contrast with the blood red of the BA?

They are Martian red... Darker than the bright red blood angels (Alas, my techmarine ended up looking a bit like a blood angel...) and certainly not as orange as the older Blood Angel paint scheme...

For specifics - a couple of techmarines of mine are in the same white undercoat/blood red paint scheme as the rest of my BA's, but the one with the full servo-harness I've done juts with Mechrite Red since its a darker, more distinct, shade so will make him stand out better.

Archived