***Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012- Phase I***

Captain Semper

I've joined the vow. I will aid my Chapter in the time of need ! We cannot let Vampires with nipple amour win again ( our skirts/dresses are better) :no:

Brother Immolator is right, if it weren't for Captain Semper's enthusiasm, I would probably skip this vow :D Now I'm eager and ready to assemble and paint my force (1x 10 man Tactical Squad). I will start a topic/ blog with the progress of my work with photos of each phase.

So below is the updated situation with the vows. I beleive that Buyback's vow is yet to be counted. BAs are steadily ahead with a fairly wide margin and BTs and IAs are also very close!

Subforum Tally

icon3.gif Blood Angels icon3.gif - 48

icon7.gif Dark Angels icon7.gif - 34

icon4.gif Black Templars icon4.gif - 32

icon2.gif Index Astartes icon2.gif - 29

icon5.gif Chaos Ascendant icon5.gif - 23

icon12.gif Liber Astartes icon12.gif - 22

icon9.gif Ordos Inquisition icon9.gif - 17

icon1.gif Space Wolves icon1.gif - 14

nav.gif Legio nav.gif - 12

icon19.gif Ultramarines icon19.gif - 9

Homegrown Rules - 1

So c'mon guys - there are still a couple of weeks before the deadline. All it takes is a mini in 2.5 months! Now is the time to add the finishing touches in your armies! Let's narrow down the BAs lead and distance ourselfs from the other Chapters...

Let them know the Lion's wrath! ;)

The Black Templars have been very active since the last update - and so have the Wolves. We are now 3rd in vows but the difference from the Templars is very slim. This is the final stage of vow entries, with 1½ weeks to go! We have to draw to our last reserves now - c'mon guys make the commitment and sent the lesser legions to oblivion! All it takes is ONE mini! :tu:

Subforum Tally

icon3.gif Blood Angels icon3.gif - 50

icon4.gif Black Templars icon4.gif - 38

icon7.gif Dark Angels icon7.gif - 36

icon2.gif Index Astartes icon2.gif - 32

icon5.gif Chaos Ascendant icon5.gif - 26

icon12.gif Liber Astartes icon12.gif - 22

icon1.gif Space Wolves icon1.gif - 18

icon9.gif Ordos Inquisition icon9.gif - 17

icon19.gif Ultramarines icon19.gif - 12

Homegrown Rules - 1

50 vows from the Blood Angels?

Bloody hell, methinks a certain chapter of our brothers seek to redeem their inherent inferiority with vainglory!

Maybe so Tengo, maybe so... :tu:

But given that they topped the LPC twice already it think we are in for some tough fight ahead of us.

Only the number of completed vows counts though correct? Lets just hope the painting dedication is higher for our DA brothers than everyone else.

I'm wondering why blood angles are that popular though? It can't be simply because of how recent their codex is because then spacewolves and Inquisition would both be much higher than they currently are. As my chaplain says though, "Ignorance is the sign of a loyal mind." so I won't think about it too hard.

Okay guys, there's only one week left for registrations and the DA are now third, behind the Templars and BA.

If you have already submitted a vow, please make sure that your name is listed in the first post here and that any progress thread you have put up is linked to in that first post too.

Thank you!

Okay guys, there's only one week left for registrations and the DA are now third, behind the Templars and BA.

If you have already submitted a vow, please make sure that your name is listed in the first post here and that any progress thread you have put up is linked to in that first post too.

Thank you!

At this stage whats more important is to complete said vows rather than gathering more ppl IMHO.

You might be surprised there :)

Very probably true, but it's always good to encourage people!

Agreed. We need as many vows as possible! This is indeed the last week for vow submissions!

Allright, I've always liked the DAs. And I should indeed paint a 40k mini or two, soon. Just for fun...

So, is it okay to enter just 1 deathwing terminator, for example? I have a few that 'need' a paint and I could use the excercise...

Granted: it all falls or stands with the progress of my thesis and time I have left for wife, work and kids.

I'll have a looksie for the modes though. probably burried under a load of rubble/bloodbowl models... :tu:

Allright, I've always liked the DAs. And I should indeed paint a 40k mini or two, soon. Just for fun...

So, is it okay to enter just 1 deathwing terminator, for example? I have a few that 'need' a paint and I could use the excercise...

Yes one mini is good enough!

Don't forget to make the vow in the appropiate thread. A Dark Elf Blitzer would be nice too, but not B&C compliant... :tu:

Granted: it all falls or stands with the progress of my thesis and time I have left for wife, work and kids.

I'll have a looksie for the modes though. probably burried under a load of rubble/bloodbowl models... :tu:

One model is fine, do it and you'd earn the respect of the entire chapter go for it man!

Brothers! we have until end-of-day Wednesday next to submit vows. We have done a terrific comeback (assuming Brother Tyler's counting for BTs is correct - I know our number is correct) and we are again second after the BAs. It is a tough contest but in the next few days we need to scratch the bottom of our reserves pool to remain at the top.

Go First Legion!

Subforum Tally

icon3.gif Blood Angels icon3.gif - 57

icon7.gif Dark Angels icon7.gif - 44

icon4.gif Black Templars icon4.gif - 43

icon2.gif Index Astartes icon2.gif - 36

icon5.gif Chaos Ascendant icon5.gif - 29

icon12.gif Liber Astartes icon12.gif - 24

icon1.gif Space Wolves icon1.gif - 20

icon9.gif Ordos Inquisition icon9.gif - 18

icon19.gif Ultramarines icon19.gif - 12

Homegrown Rules - 1

You might be surprised there ;)

Told you so... :)

What I find the most interesting is that the Ultras are scratching the bottom of the list.

They dont have enough 'character' i guess.Well i am not surprised by our position though.In fact i am pleased by it.We dont have the codex creep syndrome but we have a dedicated fan base.

Archived