***Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012- Phase I***

Captain Semper

Actually pueriexdeus is raising an interesting point. Let's see how the Challenge is gonna turn out and I'm sure there will be a lot of debate about it...

We dont have the codex creep syndrome but we have a dedicated fan base.

Damn right! :ph34r:

Keep up the good work. Are entries over at this point? What's the final counts for entry?

My Vow is finished. Once I had painted the first model, finishing up my Interrogator Chaplain was easy, and then two squads was no sweat.

Lol, I already have another squad getting cleaned up for paint and two more with a LRC on the way.

Best,

Paul

And piper76 enters the fray! And with brave vow too! Just set up a WIP thread and link it to your vow post in the PCA forum to make it easy for the mods to track your progress! And welcome to the Rock brother! ;)

Also congrats Pbenner for completing your vow! Bravo - well done mate!

Tommorow i start to complete my own vow as well.What you guys want to see?

This: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1140151

or

This:http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440272a&prodId=prod1060046

??

EDIT: BTW do we have an account of completed oaths?

OK guys, this is it: last day of vow submissions! Whoever was sitting on the fence, now is the time to step forward and take the vow in the name of the Lion! Do this now and gain glory for ever!!!

+THE CHAPTER IS ALL THAT MATTERS+

Can I make a vow on a AoBR dreadnought that is already primed? I mean, almost all unpainted models I have are already primed...

What is the minimum model count or size count for the vow, anyways?

I might add a Techmarine with servo arm; he is one of those few models I own that are not yet primed.

I am a slow painter, so I hope it is not needed more; but in extreme case I might add a Company Master, that is also not yet primed, but I already sculpted robes on him from green stuff; so that step would be "missing" from the report.

So what is Your call, Brothers; should I try?

Can I make a vow on a AoBR dreadnought that is already primed? I mean, almost all unpainted models I have are already primed...

What is the minimum model count or size count for the vow, anyways?

I might add a Techmarine with servo arm; he is one of those few models I own that are not yet primed.

I am a slow painter, so I hope it is not needed more; but in extreme case I might add a Company Master, that is also not yet primed, but I already sculpted robes on him from green stuff; so that step would be "missing" from the report.

So what is Your call, Brothers?

Absolutely fine! All it takes is just one mini! The primed dread will suffice!!! If in doubt be conservative - vow to do just the one. Remember only completed vows count - so play safe! :D

Do this now Brother - only a few hours now before closing!

Absolutely fine! All it takes is just one mini! The primed dread will suffice!!! If in doubt be conservative - vow to do just the one. Remember only completed vows count - so play safe! :D

OK, I'll do it... Do I post vow only in our section, Dark Angels subforum, or somewhere else too?

OK, I'll do it... Do I post vow only in our section, Dark Angels subforum, or somewhere else too?

It should be posted in the PCA forum - see link here: Vow submission thread

You can find the standard format of the vow text in the first page of this thread. And don't forget to start your WIP thread here in the DAs forum BUT link it to your vow post in the PCA forum so that mods can track you down! Do that even if it is empty to begin with- it's good motivation to try and fill it! :huh:

It should be posted in the PCA forum - see link here: Vow submission thread

You can find the standard format of the vow text in the first page of this thread. And don't forget to start your WIP thread here in the DAs forum BUT link it to your vow post in the PCA forum so that mods can track you down! Do that even if it is empty to begin with- it's good motivation to try and fill it! :)

It is done.

Thank You.

The BA, dang them and their arty nature currently outnumber us, we have the second highest number of vows, though, and, I am sure, if we all succeed in completion we will surpass the BA and knock them of their pedestal

I also would like to congratulate Semper, Master of the Recruits you have definetly got us motivated to win it this year

For the Lion and the Honour of the Chapter

++ LION’S VENGEANCE – HUNTER CLASS DESTROYER OF THE CONSECRATORS CHAPTER++

+THE CHAPEL+

The hololith on the altar of the Lion’s Vengeance Chapel glowed softly, bathing the sanctuary in a ghostly green light. A man in jet black plate was solemnly kneeling on one leg in front of the altar, his features obscured by a skull-shaped helmet while an oversized Crozius Arcanum –his badge of office- lay by his side.

A hooded figure in the hololith spoke calmly.

- Brother-Chaplain, the dice is cast! Have you received your orders?

- I have, 10th Master.

- Our Unforgiven brothers have also received theirs. You know what’s at stake. Operation “LPC-12” must not fail. Defeat is not an option.

- It never is brother. It never is…

The hololith flickered and died out. In the comforting darkness that ensued Chaplain Amadis stood up and walked hurriedly to the ship’s Strategium.

:D

Note that the Dark Angels surged ahead of the Black Templars, securing an 11th-hour lead for 2nd place (though the Blood Angels continued to move forward in their undisputed mastery of first place for promised work).

So thus ends the first phase, that of commitment to the cause. :D Now on to the second phase: the successful completion of the LPC vows! We are second in vows and not so far behind the BAs so all we need now is commitment to see this through.

I believe a new thread is appropriate as the purpose of this thread was to get people involved and committed. Now the aim changes to provide motivation and moral support to our guys in the front. :D However if the mods feel that there is too much to have two threads for the LPC then, by all means, merge them to one (but, if you can, please show leniency :) ).

So let’s move the discussion here: LPC Phase II: Keeping the promise

And just so we remember, here is the final standing of vows across all sub-forums:

Subforum Tally

icon3.gif Blood Angels icon3.gif - 60

icon7.gif Dark Angels icon7.gif - 52

icon4.gif Black Templars icon4.gif - 48

icon2.gif Index Astartes icon2.gif - 37

icon5.gif Chaos Ascendant icon5.gif - 31

icon12.gif Liber Astartes icon12.gif - 24

icon1.gif Space Wolves icon1.gif - 21

icon9.gif Ordos Inquisition icon9.gif - 21

nav.gif Legio nav.gif - 12

icon19.gif Ultramarines icon19.gif - 12

Adeptus Mechanicus - 1