Deathwing Army Started

DemonReaper

Hey guys,

I am happy to inform my brothers that i have now put my SW army on hold (for the moment anyway) to start my DW army.

I went to GW after work tonight and Brought 2 x termie squads, 1 x termie close quaters squad and Brother captin stern as my Belial :lol:. I have assembeled one of each squads which took a while as i was adding bits to them from the Vets box.

So far i have:

CQB squad - 2 x TH + SS, 2 Double LC and HF + PS

Shooty squad - 5 x SB, 4 x PF, 1 x Cyclone and 1 x PS

Belial - WIP

i hope to get the 2 squads painted this weekend and i will leave Belial for the evenings next week :huh: then i can go back to GW get the codex and some 2 more squads :lol:

cant wait to see how they look painted and hopefully get a game in before afghan.

will keep you all posted on my progress.

Thanks, Adam

yeh you do have a point but its having the time to get them all painted on time lol... im in the army and the only really painting time i get is at the weekend so i wouldnt get that much done, plus the only camara i have is on my phone :lol: (secretly i just dont want a big FAIL as my signiture lol)

by the way i would like to take this oppotunity to thank TENGO for supplying me with a list to go off, cheers mate.

Dont worry i will get some pics sorted sunday after i had a good weekend of painting hopefully get both squads done maybe 3 i dunno :)

anyway quick question; i got white and black primer, what do you think would be better? alot of tutorials show to use black (which i use on all my SW)

what do you guys think?

Thanks, Adam

anyway quick question; i got white and black primer, what do you think would be better? alot of tutorials show to use black (which i use on all my SW)

what do you guys think?

Thanks, Adam

What is your recipie for Bone armor?

If you are using Denib Stone for your base, either black or white will work fine.

If you are starting with Bleached Bone then you should probibly go with White.

My resepy for dethwing:

1)Undercoat black.

2)either snakebite leather(more yellowish) or catachan brown for a result as pictured in the codex: http://www.google.gr/imgres?q=40k+deathwin...tx=35&ty=37

3)bleached bone(i use the army painters spray Bone white in this phase)

4)Highlight(i never do it but if you want)with either a mix of bleached bone and white if followed the yellowish road or with dheneb stone if you gone the other route.

5)???

6)Profit!

well i have just undercoated my 2 squads i assemebeled last night, ( the one i put together afterwork today is still drying so hope to prime them either early doors tommorow morning or tonight but i dont wanna mess it up so i might wait till tommorow as its probobly going to take all night to basecoat and wash all 10 termies.

as i said i went to GW last night to buy the start of my army well it was just my luck that a younger lad from norwich was in and he won a tournement playing a 1500 pt DW army so i spoke to hime about paint jobs and this is what he said he did.

Prime white

Undercoat Bleached Bone

Wash Gryphonne Sepia

Dry brush Bleached Bone leaving the recess's

and optional mix of 1:1 bleached bone and skull white for final drybrush highlight

he told me he didnt get around to doing the detail on his army before the tournement but i am defonatley going to do mine as i wouldnt even dare but an army on the board before its fully painted i think it would just look chippy as *&$£.

anyway thats where i am up to now, hope the recipe may help some people, if you already know it... Bonus :lol:

Gonna wait for primer to dry and for the fumes to get out my room as i am going to get rather high in a minuite HAHA then i am going to crack on and basecoat, like i said i will try and get pics off my phone onto the board sunday night,

wish me luck, Adam

P.S if anyone has any input please feel free to share i could use all the tips and tricks of you Vet's i can get to be honest.

White undercoat

Bleached bone

4:1 Graveyard earth/water wash

Bleached bone leaving the GE in the crevases. (two or three coats.. Dont loose hope)

1:1 Bleached bone/white highlight.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/Deathwing/Nonus022.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/Deathwing/Nonus023.jpg

If I was going to do it again I would use the Deneb stone/Devlin Mud method but I had 4 squads done when they brought out the foundation paints and washes.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/Dark%20Angels/Assault8017.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/Dark%20Angels/firstsquad001.jpg

The way I used to paint DW termies -

1) Basecoat black

2) Khemri brown

3) Devlan mud wash in recessed areas

4) Khemri brown again to fix some places

5) Kommando Khaki

6) Dheneb stone

7) Skull White glaze

8) Skull white hi-lights.

The way I paint it now:

1) Army Painter color spray (identical to Bleached Bone 1 in 1)

2) Devlan Mud wash in recesses

3) Skull white highlights

;)

OMG!!!! what a mission that was... 3 hours for 10 termies to basecoat lol. i spose 15 mins per model is not to bad really as i have OCD everything has to be right haha.

i think that may be cheating komodo LOL, what is this army painter i keep hearing about anyway?? and thanks all for you recipe's keep them coming there all helping, by the way i went with the bleached bone basecoat as looking in the pot dheneb stone looked really pale and boring... i dunno it just seems a really wierd colour but then again i havnt seen it on a model so cant really comment.

Anyway, next... the Gryphonne wash. then the missus is coming round so i am guessing i aint really going to get much more done tonight... ah well still 2 full days to get 10 models done.

And i have decided to enter the painting comp, but only for one squad as like i said i dont know wat the weeks hold, plus i know i am on course as from the 23rd should get evenings off though :P happy days.

Thanks Adam

Komodo, thank you! I've been spraying my terminators white and painting the bleached bone on by hand. I've just ordered a can of skeleton bone spray and cut a whole step out of the tedious process. Brilliant.

Brother dean I'm liking the old skool termies very much ;)

Cheers

I

Thanks! The plastic came out and noooobody wanted the metals. (I ended up with 20 or so for free on top of the 25 I had) I had to draw the line at 50 for my sanity.

Archived