Hello, Im new here!

Hello everyone Im new here and I have a question. Can you make a good list out of Regular space marines (imperial fists, salamanders, crimson fists ect.)?

When I first got into the table top game I bought Assualt on black reach and now I have roughly 1500 points of space marines. People in the store I go too tell me you cant make a good list out of regular marines especially Ultramarines which my brother wants to play (yes I know they are called ultrasmurfs). Also, they tell me that shooty terminaters suck. Is that true and why?

Anyway thanks I appreciate. Im glad to be a member of this site.

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your time here! :rolleyes:

Of course you can make a good army out of "regular" Space Marines! Pop on over to any of the Army List Sub-Forums to find out specifics (I play Chaos and they won't tell us the secret ingredient). :lol:

Hail and welcome, brother. If you need a run down of what's useful in a regular marine army I'd suggest checking out this subforum for tips and discussions. As to whether or not you can make a good list out of Codex: Space Marines - Your friends are wrong. You can. However rather than go into it I'd suggest you have a ganders at the subforum I've highlighted. You can most certainly build an optimised list and, given good generalship, can beat most armies. Deathstars might be an issue but I'd like to point out it's not what you have, it's what you do with it that counts. Besides, it's a game for fun, not winning at any cost.

Oh, and tell your mates from me to cease their smurf-bashing. If they want to pick on an army let them pick on mine. We'll see who's laughing then. :rolleyes:

We all like to have a good laugh at the Ultramarines expense every now and again, mostly because of a now infamous White Dwarf article, but I don't think any of the serious players really mean it. A lot of that is really just internet memes blown out of proportion. The Ultramarines are a perfectly fine chapter to play, and their successor chapters have some of the cleanest paint schemes out there (I think).

I don't know about building codex lists, but the resources the others mentioned are where I would have said to start, too. Good luck and enjoy your stay at the B+C! I hope you find it as useful and entertaining as I do. One other thing: I highly recommend sharing your modeling and painting progress and favorite minis in the PCA forums. You can get a lot of good advice and feedback there if you keep a WIP thread. It's done me a world of good, anyway!

Welcome brother, glad to have another member within our ranks. I am an Ultramarine player and have a fairly competitive list. I enjoy mine for a lot of a different aspect of play. Jealousy amongst our brothers that not all can be blue shows on their faces and atittudes. ;)

I hope to see Work in progress postings and other works that you have completed. Goodluck in the hobby and see you on the battlefield.

Thanks everyone. I'll check out those resources you guys mentiond. When I first went to that store everyone was nice and one guy helped me paint my marines. However, when I first told them I wanted to do ultramarines they told me "Why? Do grey knights there the best right now!" or "No do space wolfs" or "Paint them Angry Marines". But I did Ultramarines anyway. Now Im doing Space Wolfs (Im not finnished building it though and I still need the codex) but I still want to build my regular marine army.

Brother this hobby is all about what you want and how you enjoy the army, fluff, painting, etc. People have their opinions and some should keep them to themselves on occasions (we've all met that person one time or another). If you like Ultramarines complete them, if you like Space wolves complete and drink with them, and so forth. Let none sway your hand in the matters of what you want. There are some who live by the "internet lists" or "what's hot band wagons". I bleed the blue and my ink says shows it on my forearm.

Do what you love to do and what army you want to conquer with...The Emperor will judge the rest.

Brother this hobby is all about what you want and how you enjoy the army, fluff, painting, etc. People have their opinions and some should keep them to themselves on occasions (we've all met that person one time or another). If you like Ultramarines complete them, if you like Space wolves complete and drink with them, and so forth. Let none sway your hand in the matters of what you want. There are some who live by the "internet lists" or "what's hot band wagons". I bleed the blue and my ink says shows it on my forearm.

Do what you love to do and what army you want to conquer with...The Emperor will judge the rest.

Thanks batttle brother.

Archived