newby starting with 40k

hail to all brothers and sisters of the imperium.

Choosing a chapter to start with was ,at the start easy(so I thought). But now I have to make a choice, and would like some advice.

my interest with 40k started with books (hours heresy series) then I started to build armour, I now have 2 mk i Preds that I rebuilt and kit bashed and 2 newer model preds

along with 2 crusaders 1 of which I plan to build into my version of a Terminus ultra.

Anywho.... I had originally choose the Charcarodons as my chapter, 1 because of my affinity for sharks and 2 I like the ways of these predators and how they fit in with the way I think this chapter approaches battle

Now heres my problem. I have come across the name of a codex approved chapter (The Penitants) at the same time I was going back over the Horus heresy books, and I was thinking that not all of the survivors from the Eisenstien would become

the nucleus for the Grey nights. some would want to avenge their orders of this great cluster :(. Surly there would be survivors on the planet even after the orbital bombardment and virus bombing. The books ,to me left gaps in the finishing of those Marines on the surface. Was this done on purpose or is it just the way I have picked up on the storey line?

I feel that there is the possibility of this happening, and once things and supplies were sorted (the sigilet banding them into a new chapter hence their name) the remaining Marines would be xcommunicated and sent on their way to bring the traitor legions to heel or die trying. This appeals to my sense of honour.

Sorry there is a lot to read through but any help or info would be helpful.

Archived