Our DW Apothecary

Vexicus

Hail Brothers & Sisters,

I ask you this, when we "upgrade" to a DW Apothecary does he take the wargear of the Terminator he was Upgraded from? For example can my Apothecary take the place of the Sergeant with a Storm Bolter and a Power Sword?

Many Thanks

Vex

The apothecary keeps all the equipment it had prior to upgrade, if he had a storm bolter and power sword, he still has them, plus a narthicium and a reductor!

The same goes for standard bearers.

I often gave the Apothecary post to my sergeant, but seeing as I've started on a model, purpose built to be Belial's apothecary, I've left the sergeant for greater things, and the permanent apothecary has double lightning claws, they just suit much better!

This is also confirmed in the FAQ, just in case you didn't want to take my word for it :HQ:

I only asked as I've just finished the model and then thought oh **** can I actually use him as both sergeant and apothecary. Thanks for saving me from having to rip appart a new model :-)

Actually, one could be rules-lawyery and say the DW sergeant can't be an Apoth (or Standard Bearer for that matter).

Why? Well the rules say:

"[...] one terminator may be upgraded to an Apothecary [...]"

(Bold bits mine). Technically a "Terminator Sergeant" is a different list entry to just a "Terminator" so doesn't meet the upgrade criteria as specified.

One can argue of course that "terminator" refers to a generic space marine type and is not that specific between sergeant termy and basic termy - but that isn't strictly RAW (rules as written).

Cheers

I

Archived