Removing Glue?

Ghent

Depends. If it's superglue you can probably stick it in the freezer to make it brittle and then you can hopefully pull the pieces apart. If it's plastic cement, short of extremely carefully scoring the parts until they come apart, there's not much you can do, I'm afraid. :(

Superglue solvent is the most reliable, and usually least damaging option. Most craft or hobby stores that carry superglue will have the solvent - hardware stores, too, may, if they carry LocTite products. It goes by various names, usually featuring the words "superglue", "CA glue", "cyanoacrylate", something to that effect. You just apply it little by little at the joint, let it seep in, then gently pry apart at the seams. Don't apply a lot of force, just let the solvent act on it. If I recall correctly, CA glue only gets harder and more brittle with age, so depending on how long the parts have been glued together, it may take quite a bit of time and solvent to break the bond.

I have found that a 24 hour soak in Dettol (Thickish Brown Disinfectant if you aren't familiar with the brand) will loosen all but the most stubborn plastic glue and it works even better with super glue :D

Archived