What is the Best Model for a Belial Conversion?

Mercy 0f Spades

Howdy B&C!

I posted this question because I'm getting pretty tired of borrowing terminator models for a Belial proxy. I'm looking for something that will be pretty quick and easy. I'll be magnetizing the arms so that I may switch between load outs. However, I'm hoping to stick with the dual lightning claws as much as possible.

I've been considering the Space Marine Terminator Captain but I'm unsure if this is the model I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mercy

Captain Lysander of the Imperial fists is quite a large and majestic looking model, and comes with his own thunder hammer ans storm shield (Which is really the load out you want for Belial, the 3+ invulnerable is priceless) although you'd probably just want normal ones from the Terminator sprue unless you want to convert them heavily.

You might want to invest in some small, decent files and maybe even a razor saw though.

And make sure you keep hold of all your purity scrolls, cloths, icons and DA insignia, as you'll surely want to stick some on, to make him more legitimately the Grand master of the Deathwing, as well as covering up those removed Imperial Fist insignia!

I think Forge Worlds' Huron is a popular model to use, and the Master of the Watch from the GW looks suitable.

I think that Terminator Calgar would be another good base to consider for the conversion. He requires a bit of work for what you want, but he is pretty imposing and he is one of the characters that has been changed over to Finecast (pro or con, depending on your point of view). The other issue is that he comes with his Honor Guard buddies, but you may be able to find him on eBay without those (or just sell/convert the HG).

I've been considering the Space Marine Terminator Captain but I'm unsure if this is the model I'm looking for.

Just so you know, the Termie Captain (the one with Power Sword/Storm Bolter) is tiny compared to current Terminators. He is more the size of the 'classic' Terminators.

I have three different Belials, one for each load out. The sword and Storm Bolter version is the terminator captain, and yes, he is TINY. I never use him anyway, so it doesn't really matter. The Lightning Claw version I made out of the Chaos Terminator Lord...he looks AWESOME! It's a great pose, a huge terminator, and if you file or scrape away the chaosy bits, he looks absolutely great. My Thunder Hammer Storm Shield version is a modified Calgar, and he's my absolute favorite. Plenty of bling, he's huge and imposing, and the only Ultramarine symbols are on his tabard, and it's easily hidden with Greenstuff or even thick paint. They're not noticeable. I love that conversion, and I am so proud of how it turned out that I show everybody whenever I get a chance to. I even magnatized the arms so he's pretty much my go to Belial model now.

Draigo, Calgar, Lysander, Chaos Terminator Lord, any forge world terminator model all work very well. If you're using regular terminators that haven't been fancied up much one of the space hulk terminator mini's also work well.

Cool. Thanks for all of y'all suggestions. I just bought the Huron model.

You won't regret it. I'm converting that model at the moment and the resin is so easy to work with. It cuts easier than metal, files better than plastic and weights next to nothing. The detail is crisp, the pose is dynamic and the rock he stands on makes him suitably imposing. The redundant iron halo is a separate piece which I'm going to give to my 4th Company Master.

Brother Degas, I ordered a can of spray paint from the Warstore last week. It arrived promptly in a very useful box of packing foam. I'll definitely order from them again.

Archived