Which Wash for Deathwing?

Mercy 0f Spades

sepia if you want a creamy bone yellow bone look... devlan mud if you want a more dirty look like they have been out for a couple of week killing.

I was going to suggest this, but you beat me too it, brother. <_<

orgry flesh i use really mate... but on my space wolves i used sepia over talern flesh... hope that helps mate.

It does, thanks.

I guess I was just hoping to knock out two birds with one stone. I've used the black wash on a lot of my fellow's faces and it gave it a pretty cool shadowy look but I was just hoping for something better.

What is interesting is that I've give all my Marines with exposed faces warpaint that's central to my chapter. So everyone has half of their faces painted a dark burgundy color. The black wash went well with the warpaint but only decent enough for the flesh tones.

Tengo, if you find any chestnut, i am out.... Gryphonne just doesnt wash gold the same...

I think I have two or three pots :P

I don't think any model has ever come off my painting table without a nice wash of Chestnut :lol:

I normally use Gryphonne Sepia wash over all the armor, then go back and paint Devlan Mud directly into the creases and low parts of the armor. Then Sepia wash gives it a nice creamy look and the Mud gives a little bit more grit to the armor. I also use Devlan Mud as a wash for gold, it gives it a kind of dulled down look to it. But I prefer my gold to look more dirty, less shiny, so it works well for that.

I normally use Gryphonne Sepia wash over all the armor, then go back and paint Devlan Mud directly into the creases and low parts of the armor. Then Sepia wash gives it a nice creamy look and the Mud gives a little bit more grit to the armor. I also use Devlan Mud as a wash for gold, it gives it a kind of dulled down look to it. But I prefer my gold to look more dirty, less shiny, so it works well for that.

Try to mix a drop of goblin green with the gold before painting,youll remember me ^_^

personally i use bubonic brown as a base with a chestnut wash then repaint the bubonic then build up from their for deathwing armour

for the faces, believe it or not, i use a blue wash, there is no such thing as black in nature so i almost never use it

Archived