terminator Cod Piece

Pbenner

It's the small armor plate that is supposed to be attached to the groin of the model.

They look semi-tacky to me. The honors are not great, but better than the cod pieces.

I think I may put one on a Terminator Sargent and call him "Johnson"

Paul

I find it weird having to paint the groin bump as it is, I was drybrushing my test terminator yesterday, and his groin was still a bit chesnut heavy, so I had to really scrub it with bleached bone and just thought "Well this is awkward, should I like, buy you dinner or something?"

The cod pieces don't even fit on that well and they just look out of place.

Oh and, best thread of 2012.

? Are you guys talking about the armpit armor bit? Cause there arent any codpiece add ons....

The bit that goes on the shoulder is much more 'shield-shaped' and mostly curve-inwards to my eyes, whereas the codpieces are curved outwards and are more rectangular.

"Well this is awkward, should I like, buy you dinner or something?"

Bought a laugh to me!I have this distorted image of your avatar sitting at a french restaurant and holding the terminators hand across the table...

how romantic?

ROTFL!!!!!!!

"Mon Petit cherie, would you like another glass of wine before we retire to our room?"

"No."

"No? what?"

"I don't want another glass of wine, and I don't want to go back to the room"

"Why not, My darling dove?"

"All you ever want is it scrub my crotch with bleached bone, you don't even look me in my eyes anymore, do you even love me? By Terra, Belial wouldn't treat me like this!"

*Draws for pistol*

"You're entering a world of pain, lady, drink the wine, drink the Goddamn wine!"

Just incase you didn't get the last line:

So that this post isn't completely off topic, does anyone else find it strange that terminators, clad in the best armour in the imperium, feel they need to protect their crotch in close combat? They'll jump into a battlezone without a helmet, but they need to make sure their nuts are protected, just in case any fallen scum ask them what the capital of Thailand is?

Do space marines even have genitals?

"Well this is awkward, should I like, buy you dinner or something?"

Bought a laugh to me!I have this distorted image of your avatar sitting at a french restaurant and holding the terminators hand across the table...

how romantic?

ROTFL!!!!!!!

"Mon Petit cherie, would you like another glass of wine before we retire to our room?"

"No."

"No? what?"

"I don't want another glass of wine, and I don't want to go back to the room"

"Why not, My darling dove?"

"All you ever want is it scrub my crotch with bleached bone, you don't even look me in my eyes anymore, do you even love me? By Terra, Belial wouldn't treat me like this!"

*Draws for pistol*

"You're entering a world of pain, lady, drink the wine, drink the Goddamn wine!"

Just incase you didn't get the last line:

So that this post isn't completely off topic, does anyone else find it strange that terminators, clad in the best armour in the imperium, feel they need to protect their crotch in close combat? They'll jump into a battlezone without a helmet, but they need to make sure their nuts are protected, just in case any fallen scum ask them what the capital of Thailand is?

Do space marines even have genitals?

The way I understand it is that while they do have genitals, they lack a sex drive. I think in Horus Rising when Loken sees Mersadie Oliton for the first time that she looks attractive but then mentions that she's either one of the few women he's ever seen or that her head/skin colour is really unusual to him. I can't remember the exact wording, it's been a while since I read it.

OK let's not go down the genital/sexuality of marines route please.

... and no I don't use codpieces either personally or on my models :jaw:. They look a bit awkward as a design if you ask me - a heavy gorget (upper chest/throat piece) might have been a better item to include for assault termies. Oh well.

Cheers

I

... and no I don't use codpieces either personally or on my models :). They look a bit awkward as a design if you ask me - a heavy gorget (upper chest/throat piece) might have been a better item to include for assault termies. Oh well.

Cheers

I

that's a shame Isiah, I always imagined you to be wearing a very bold and striking Cod piece... I mean, they offer a level of support that you just can't get elsewhere!

they're just really awkward bitz in general, not GW's best brainwave to date.

Has anyone found any good uses for them? the hoarder in me is screaming to shove them all into my carefully categorised bitz box, but the sensible voice of Spock is just asking "But for what purpose?"

I suppose with a bit of work the big one could be a combat shield for a power armoured marine.

How great would that be

"Hey Scius, nice combat shield! where'd you get it from?"

"erm..."

And Brother Immolator, it is one of the greatest movies of all time, The emperor even has it to make those millennia sitting on the golden throne a little less boring

Archived