Dark Mechanicus Symbol

ThisisJimmy

After a search through Google, all I could find was this -

http://media.photobucket.com/image/dark%20...cus_symbol1.jpg

Something tells me it may not be official, though. I could do with knowing this for when the detailing stage of my titan building comes to fruition.

It could be a good thing though, gives us a chance to be creative.

Considering they're allied to chaos I would presume it would be an amalgamation of the eight pointed star and the skull-cog, like in the picture. I'm under the impression that there is no official symbol for them though.

I imagine its more of a case of each traitor Legio having its own symbol, depending upon its allegiances.

For example, an Imperator under Abbadon's command would have something like the above picture I linked, whereas a Titan under the command of the Thousand Sons would possibly have something more akin to the icon top you get in the CSM box, maybe with some freehand flames painted behind it.

I'd say go nuts, and do whatever you want!

The opus machina chaos star hybrid will definitely work, but no there's no official badge of office for the dark mechanicus :P

I have decided to use the standard opus machina on my iron warriors and their dark admech allies but instead of painting it a split scheme I have chosen to go with an all black version to symbolize their departure from the imperial alliance thus definitively ending the schism (the belief that the emperor and omnissiah is two seperate entities or two facets of the same) as they proclaim the corpse emperor to be a fraud and have united under the same purpose.

That's how I imagine it, feel free to adopt the same idea/theme if it appeals to you ;)

Archived