De Vilbiss Vs Harder & Steenbeck Airbrushes.

SgtTelion

Hi Guys.

After browsing as many threads as i can reference airbrushes, I am going to take the plunge.

However, Im unsure which brush to get. The De Vilbiss DAGR, or the H&S Evolution.

Can anybody give me reccomendations, and maybe a bit of insight into either brush?

Or, with a £150 budget, what alternate brush would you get?

Cheers for any help guys!!

Im affraid I dont. However I do have an airbrush that I paid £50 for on ebay (brand new) It came with its own compressor and is dual action gravity fed and it has worked like a dream for me I cant find a single fault. I cant for the life of me remember what the name of it was.

Not quite the direct answer I expect you were looking for but I've been in your exact situation the last few months.

I got a good bit of help on here but also asked on a couple of actual airbrush forums. I whittled my choice down to the H&S and an Iwata and am going with the H&S. I obviously have no experience to refer to, and both were very highly rated by people who own them.

The reason I'm going with that choice is that is that there turned out to be three 'groups': People with Iwata and are happy; People with Iwata who are happy but plan to upgrade to an H&S; People with an H&S and can't imagine using anything else.

That's obviously quite general, but after the better part of a year reading up and asking around I think I've made a very educated decision.

Try some airbrush forums (there a re a lot) and see what they think.

I have two H&S Infinity airbrushes but neither was cheap. They are top-of-the-line AB's though.

If you are looking for a great budget AB check out the Neo for Iwata - CN Gravity-Feed Airbrush... it's made for Iwata with the same Iwata warranty and service; it's essentially the perfect AB for our needs at a very low cost.

Slightly more expensive is the Paasche Talon, which is comparable.

Any of the true Iwata AB's are also really great with fantastic service... I have an HP-CS but that wasn't cheap either.

I don't know De Vilbis to be honest, but I have a H&S Evolution and it's top notch for models.

I will never use another airbrush again, so much fun to brush, good results and easy/fast cleaning, if you're used to airbrushes. Just a fine product :P

Archived