Amethyst Purple

Morollan

Does anyone know if I can get the old Citadel Amethyst Purple metallic paint anywhere? I seem to recall someone mentioning that all the old Citadel Colour paints are still made by another company.

I recently acquired some second hand necrons and had to spray over them in order to disguise the hideous paint jobs. This also obscured the green plastic rods and I decided to use the metallic purple paint to go over them with. Now I'm afraid I won't have enoug paint for the rest of the army!

If you are seeking a metallic purple you can get Vallejo's Metallic Medium and mix that with a suitable purple (mixing it was what it was designed for iirc), or you can get Coat d'Arms stuff, which is what the old Citadel stuff was. Exactly the same stuff. You can get it at say, Black Hat Miniatures online shop (the page I've linked has it at the bottom).

(Pinched fromWarseer, the poster is nexttothemoon)

One of the most useful links for alternatives to the Citadel range is found here:

http://colors.silicon-dragons.com/full_line.php

Select the GW Citadel Range on the left side and then select from all the various paint lines on the right side to see comparisons of all the various alternative paint ranges one at a time.

You can see at a glance what other ranges there are and how some of the other colors in those ranges match the Citadel shades. It isn't perfect because of computer monitor discrepancies but still a useful tool I think.

You might find the above post (and link) useful.

Hope that helps. :angry:

The paint range you're looking for is ¨Coat de arms¨. And they seem to have a amethyst purple still on production.

[Edit] Damn you and your inhuman astrates reflexes!

Archived