Painting query

ShasVa

I'm sorta looking to get back into painting, and MAYBE collecting an army.

There was an article on BoLS recently about "why painting marines sucks" and a simple scheme displayed on the article page had me interested.

It is here: the BoLS article

Take note of the second picture down, and the description that follows.

It seems rather simple for such a nice-looking model. However many times in the past I've become bored or disinterested with the painting side of things, either because I have too many models to paint, or I become bored with the scheme. Also I've found that some SMurf models are a PITA to paint right, like Scouts. I even once tried leaving them a single colour, but that made them look flat and boring.

I know this doesn't sound like a question as such. I'm just wondering if I should even bother with this anymore. I feel like I've wasted more money on the hobby than I should have.

For most of us at least one aspect of the hooby will be less alluring than the others and for many it's the painting itself. I myself find it quite a chore and rarely actually enjoyable. My advice is to take it slow. Paint when your muse strikes you, when inspiration itself sits by your side. Do not force it if you struggle with it because you will come to dislike it moreso than before if you do. Just do it when you're in the mood, is my advice.

Archived