Lighting for your painting area.

Heru2012

Hey guys, I'm currently revamping my painting area and I dont have great lighting in the area. Just wondering if any of you can point me in the right direction for desk lamps types etc and how you find them.

Cheers!

Ott Lamps, available at Michael's, AC Moore, or any other Craft store, has a "Daylight" bulb. It mimics sunlight. You WANT one of these. Even if it's just to help add extra light, you want one.

Micro-Mark also sells lights, and magnifiers.

Can't paint glorious works of art, if you can't SEE them...

:)

I use a standard five-bulb floor lamp (with repositionable bulbs) with daylight CF bulbs. The lamp was around $20, and the bulbs around $12 for 3, but its worth it. They mimic daylight and last a while. With five bulbs, I have all the light I need.

The Ott brand makes "daylight" bulbs, but they cost a fortune. I bought a lamp of theirs on Black Friday for $20, and it was significantly cheaper to buy multiple lamps rather than replacement bulbs... $30ish if I remember right.

For normal assembly work, I have two IKEA goose neck lights, one on either side of the desk, and the Ott light, which ONLY gets used for painting.

The more light, the better. :o Especially when you get older.

Archived