Is there any more information on the 4th/5th companies?

Hexagon Sun

Hi All,

Just trying to decide which battle company to go with for my army and i've hovering between 4th/5th. I was just wondering if there was much information available about either, such as Company Masters names, engagements they were involved in etc?

I've had a look at the usual suspects (Lexicanum etc) so I know but I don't have access to any previous codexes so there may be more and i've missed it. I used to have Angels of Death but unfortunately i've not a clue where that's disappeared to over the years. I did see Sheol as a Co Master in another thread with heraldry which I quite liked...

Also, inspired by the old school DA master model and this picture http://gothicpunk.tumblr.com/post/7372125939 I was thinking of converting my company master in a similar pose. Bit reluctant to buy the new model just for a head though so I may just have to cut out the old metal one and see how I get on!

Sheol was the other Company Master from back in 2nd Ed. As Belial and Sammael both got promoted, something could have happened to Sheol as well or he could still be in charge of the 4th.

Link to Personal Heraldry

In terms of anything else about the 4th and 5th. It is subjective, by design. When Apocalypse came out, there was a box of Masters and three of them are Battle Company Masters but with grander roles. They were the Masters of the Watch, Fleet and Armoury. I shift them one spot over because of the Ravenwing and it gives you another idea to use.

Isiah's website is also dedicated to the 4th and he has added some fan fluff that you could use. The 5th has an interesting heraldic device in that the top half has a cheque pattern that is an old school design for GW while the 4th is a simple quartered design. My LPC vow has the designs being painted on the cloaks.

Other than that, it is time to get creative. Perhaps they had a grand moment during the Ichar IV infestation by the Tyranids. Use some of your games to add fluff.

Cheers GMB, I suspected that would be the case and it's mainly because I'd like to adhere to fluff where possible. I also noticed mention of a Helbron from the Vraks books as Bevulf did a model of him which was very nice.

I'm almost tempted by the 4th just because of the checks which you don't see often enough! I haven't played any games in a looooong time and it'll be a while before I do again so i think i'll just have to make something up i'm happy with and take it from there.

Thanks for your help :blink:

The 5th has an interesting heraldic device in that the top half has a cheque pattern that is an old school design for GW while the 4th is a simple quartered design. My LPC vow has the designs being painted on the cloaks.

Careful... Angels of Death was a bit switched around but right now the Codex says 4th is checked above and halved below and 5th is quartered....

Archived