Where do you get plasticard and other model materials?

Most local hobby shops will carry Plastruct and/or Evergreen plastics. They are two of the more well known Styrene plastic producers specializing in scratch building plastics. You can order directly, or try to find a reasonably close dealer. Companies like this will be the major place to find really unique shapes like scale size 'I' beams, 'H' beams, 'C' channels, etc., because their market is the hobbyist.

For simpler shapes like sheets, rods, and square/round tubes, search locally for a Plastics supplier. Your closest major city should have several, and many will take smaller orders. You may need to call them and ask if they carry Styrene as thin as you're likely to need, but it can be worth it because a Plastic supplier will get you the exact same 'simple' plastic shapes that you can get from Plastruct or Evergreen for much cheaper. If your projects are going to be on the smaller side of things, it may be more straight forward to just get everything from a place like Plastruct or Evergreen. But if you're doing something big, a semi-local supplier will be worth it and can get you massive size sheets (if you need) as an added bonus.

Might depend on your country as I'm not sure about everything regarding shipping etc. I'm in the UK and use mainly Bits and Kits, Let the Dice Decide and occasionally the Bitz Box and have been very happy with all.

There;s many other I've not used, the War Store, Bits Barn etc etc.

Bit's and Kits also sell placticard and rod etc

Bits barn is good (when they have items in stock). I know you said that you don't like ebay, but Hoard o' bits on ebay is very reasonable and has a great selection of bits. They also have a very clear return policy. I've ordered through them several times and have never had a problem.

They also have their own site now, and the prices (when items are available) are cheaper than their eBay prices. www.hoardobits.com

Archived