Tyrannic War Veterans standard bearer...need help.

he_plays_guitar

Hey all,

I'm converting a Tyrannic War Veteran model into a standard bearer for the Ultramarines. It is one of the old metal models, I can't remember if they were called Tryannic War vets or Tyranid hunters...either way, it's the guy with the scars on his face ready to throw a grenade. I drilled out the grenade and am going to put a banner in his hand.

My question is, what should the banner be? I am pretty good with freehand painting, so detail isn't really a problem, I just don't know what to put on it. I want it to be fluffy. Is there a certain squad or company that the tyranid vets came from? Should I paint a custom banner just for him? I am looking for ideas. I want to enter this in a painting competition so I want it to be really good, and I figured I might as well ask the experts. Also, should his armor be painted any certain way? Thanks for your time!

They are 1st Company so the 1st Company Standard would be fine. The ones on my site just have the Skulz Standard in the squad, http://www.chaptermasters.com/Ultramarines...d%20Hunters.JPG which is basically just a big U symbol. I'm sure the marines have all sorts of old standards on top of there Company standard so you can pretty much just make it up. All the command squads have veterans in them though so it's really down to the colour you paint the shoulder pad rimes.

Ooh, that's a good idea for a standard bearer - I've been trying to get the Skullz one from eBay for a semi-sensible price but I might pinch your idea if you don't mind...

Detail-wise, I'd say the tyranid hunters symbol would look cool (the tyranid style head with a knife through it), maybe with an Ultramarines "U" behind/around it? Or Tyranid trophies like the brother-Techmarine suggests, if you didn't want to freehand that would be a cool approach too.

he_plays_guitar,

Excellent idea for a standard bearer! The Tyrannic War Veterans do seem to have their own iconography, the knife & Tyrannid head, which first appeared on those veteran figures. You could copy the design on his leg, which is what I did for my Razorback's door here:

gallery_37066_4287_165483.jpg

chaptermasters is right that he would be of the 1st company, so his armor should be painted blue with white shoulder trim. I also think that since the 3rd company was the one that liberated the northern polar fortress during the Battle for Macragge, a variation on the 3rd company banner might not be too out of place either, e.g.,

gallery_37066_4287_125699.jpg

-Tranc

P.S. Accoustic or Electric?

Archived