Warhammer 40k Batrep: 1250pts Dark Angels vs Space Wolves

Mercy 0f Spades

Howdy B&C!

Recently, I began a video batrep (I'm sure most of you looking in this area of the forum must have seen them) that was spread over several thread topics. After a while I decided that this was probably not the best way to post batreps on our forum page. Especially, when work picks up at your job and you can't make the new ones fast enough. So, I've decided to wait until all of my vids were rendered and uploaded before posting anymore. Now that all of the parts of this batrep are complete I am releasing this final compilation of the battle report. That is what you have here!

From now on I will be doing all my batreps like this BUT if you are interested in seeing my future battle reports as I create them then just subscribe to my YouTube channel and you'll be notified accordingly. My YouTube channel is here - http://www.youtube.com/user/MercyOfSpades?feature=mhee

For you folks just now seeing my batreps don't worry about the previous statement too much. What you're after is what comes next! Time for the proper introduction!

Howdy Wargamers!

This is the Brenham Miniature Wargaming Club's first video Batrep! Today, we have a 1250pt battle between Nathan's Dark Angels and Joe's "Stink'n" Space Wolves! We're playing Annihilation with a Spearhead deployment and the Dark Angels are going first! The honor of our chapters are at stake! WHO WILL WIN? Find out in this grudge match for the ages!

Also, please note that we are aware of the problem with the shaky camera and awkward camera angle. This is our first video batrep and we will be refining our recording technique in the weeks to follow. Even as this batrep progresses into the later turns you will see the difference in our quality and presentation of the material. We covet your comments and suggestions for making the best possible battle report! Constructive criticism is always welcome! Also, if you'd like to help the Brenham Miniature Wargaming Club put out more content then please like and subscribe to the videos and channel. Any funds it generates will be turned around and placed right back into getting better equipment for recording and better software for editing vids faster!

Without further ado... the BATTLE!!! Comment as to who you think will win!

Dark Angels vs Space Wolves

Size: 1250pts

Mission: Annihilation

Deployment: Spearhead

Introduction & Deployment (9 minutes 5 seconds)

Turn 1 (16m 22s)

Turn 2 (13m 32s)

Turn 3 (15m 13s)

Turn 4 (8m 53s)

Turn 5 (8m 34s)

Turn 6 (5m 56s)

Turn 7 (6m 31s)

-note to the mods-

If you guys would be so kind as to help me remove all my previous posts of this batrep I'd appreciate it. I'm going to try and do it myself to clear up confusion but just in case I can't. Thank you for your help. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Of course :) ! You're a Texas battle brother, I'm obligated to. But, I mostly watched to be entertained and it would be cool to be in one. It's too bad none of those Wolf scouts were killed though, I hate those bloody fools.

I wish I could finish the batrep, but my speakers are off at another house and my headphones were broken in what certainly was not a fit of human clumsiness...:sweat:

Maybe I could find it on the 360 Youtube app, though that search is so hard to use. Anyways, I think that this is a good idea, plus it can keep the batrep discussion all together in one thread, which is awesome. Might I suggest possible doing livestreamed batreps at some point if your group has the hardware? Seen it done a couple times and it's actually pretty fun to watch.

I wish I could finish the batrep, but my speakers are off at another house and my headphones were broken in what certainly was not a fit of human clumsiness...:sweat:

Maybe I could find it on the 360 Youtube app, though that search is so hard to use. Anyways, I think that this is a good idea, plus it can keep the batrep discussion all together in one thread, which is awesome. Might I suggest possible doing livestreamed batreps at some point if your group has the hardware? Seen it done a couple times and it's actually pretty fun to watch.

Live Stream Batreps? Wow! Those dudes mush be pretty interesting! I guess we could give it a shot one day but we don't have the proper equipment as of yet. Let us get a few more vids down and then we'll look into that area. Sounds fun though! I'm just trying to think of a way to pull it off.

@ Brother Kovash

Thanks man! It's good to hear that!

It's too bad none of those Wolf scouts were killed though, I hate those bloody fools.

Did you miss the two turns in which I used the Razorback's twin linked Heavy Bolter to chew a hole through their numbers? That Scout armor is awfully squishy :sweat:

Looking back, I realized I had missed it in the euphoric roar of my devastator squad as they watched as well. My bad. Overall though I was thoroughly impressed. Nice job

It's too bad none of those Wolf scouts were killed though, I hate those bloody fools.

Did you miss the two turns in which I used the Razorback's twin linked Heavy Bolter to chew a hole through their numbers? That Scout armor is awfully squishy :)

Looking back, I realized I had missed it in the euphoric roar of my devastator squad as they watched as well. My bad. Overall though I was thoroughly impressed. Nice job

Thanks dude. The Pivotal moment of the game happened when the two Dreadnoughts faced off. If he had won that fight the game would have probably swung in his favor. But thanks to a Assault Cannon rending the mess out of his dread things turned around. Him and I both firmly agree that that was the pivotal moment of the game.

So let's talk tactics! Because Batreps have two points. First is to entertain and the second is to educate on what kind of strategies work and which don't... kind of like a "Learn From My Fail".... you know, that would be a niffty title to a post game batrep in which I've lost...

What was the main reasons for the Dark Angels pulling off the victory in this batrep?

Do you agree with me that the Dreadnought battle was pivotal?

What would have you done differently if you were playing the Dark Angels list?

Let's discuss! I'll share your input with the rest of my club members!

Archived