My Minotaurs blog (updated 4/11, inv. to FB Minotaurs page)

• 3 weeks later...

I was building a Blood Angels successor Army, based on a Greek theme. Had never heard of Minotaurs. Now I know about them, and am building them as the aforementioned BA successor. Getting good ideas looking at your AMAZING models. Still waiting on my Forge world order for decals, brass etch, and the characters, who I will need to play as different members of my Army. My first few units - sans markings for now.

My start

• 1 month later...

Awesome. I think my favorite part of this army are the high crests and double crests used for the officers. It really gives them that "Bronze Age" feel, and reminds me of the illustrated versions of the Iliad that I read growing up in Athens.

Ευγε, Haakon! Καλη τυχη, και συγχαρητηρια!

Thanks a lot to everyone for the kind comments! Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the next 2-3 ToS tournaments but next October-November I might be able to come again. I would have liked to play the army with the FG rules found in Badab War IA but rules are rules...

Lots of photos incoming from ToS in Nottingham where my army got a nomination for best army....It performed also well with 3 victories, 1 draw and 1 loss using SW rules.

Any chance for some battle reports? Or have I missed them somewhere?

Edit: And a list. Because I'm nosy like that. ;P

Edited by Mykra

Lots of photos incoming from ToS in Nottingham where my army got a nomination for best army....It performed also well with 3 victories, 1 draw and 1 loss using SW rules.

My list :

1 Rune Priest

3 Wolf Guard Terminators with Storm Shields, 1 power axe, one power lance and one thunder hammer

3 Grey Hunter Squads (7,7,5) Wolf banner for two of them, 1 melta for two of them, 1 plasma for the other, power axes for two of them

1 Land Raider (Proteus, 2TLLs, TLHBs, MM)

allies

Coteaz

3 henchmen

1 Psybolt Dreadnought with TLAs

1 Storm Raven with Psybolt Ammunition, TL Assault cannon, Hurricane bolters and MM.

My list :

1 Rune Priest

3 Wolf Guard Terminators with Storm Shields, 1 power axe, one power lance and one thunder hammer

3 Grey Hunter Squads (7,7,5) Wolf banner for two of them, 1 melta for two of them, 1 plasma for the other, power axes for two of them

1 Land Raider (Proteus, 2TLLs, TLHBs, MM)

allies

Coteaz

3 henchmen

1 Psybolt Dreadnought with TLAs

1 Storm Raven with Psybolt Ammunition, TL Assault cannon, Hurricane bolters and MM.

Agreed, a battle report or two would be cool.

- EgoDraconumNigrorum

I just wanted to let you know that I created a facebook page called "Daedelos Krata, Home of "Minotaurs" Chapter of Adeptus Astartes" and you can access it here:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Minotaurs40k

My ambition is to create a "Minotaurs" community of players who either have an army of Minotaurs or they want to learn more about them. Share some relevant 40k news, pictures, videos etc and last but not least have fun as well. I would like welcome you all to my labyrinth. ;)

Those bases are stunning (not to mention the models themselves). We're the bases custom jobs or purchases. Beautiful work either way. I studied in Athens and took part in the Mycenae dig in college this lives up to all the art and culture I experienced there

I am working on developing my own Minotaurs force as well, havent started any models yet. I start my armies by developing a huge plot/storyline that goes with my army. With the Minotaurs i am starting, I am starting by fleshing out the Minotaurs history :)

- Now I havent put together an army in almost 10 years. Ive done parts of a Dwarf Army and I put together a model here and there but I have been out of the game for a bit. My question is......how do you paint in your Bronze in mass??? Im only used to doing small armor pieces for my dwarves, and that method is very methodical and would take forever to replicate on a 10 man tactical squad.

• 1 year later...

The personal battle transport of Chapter Master Asterion is this Land Raider Redeemer...I hope you like it :smile:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics16/img4ff09c31e708f.jpg

Where did you get those friezes that are on the side? And the round decals on the top?

The personal battle transport of Chapter Master Asterion is this Land Raider Redeemer...I hope you like it :smile:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics16/img4ff09c31e708f.jpg

Where did you get those friezes that are on the side? And the round decals on the top?

The decals =} Vitrix 28mm Ancient Greeks

The Spartan Reliefs =} Scibor