A Dark Angels Battle report

Vazzy

Dock Gates

Imperis Arx

Captain Gregorious voice crackled over Sergeant Anaziel's vox unit, "Brother, I need you and your men to hold for 25 minutes. If the gate falls, the Tyranids will be upon the civilians in minutes." The Captain was leading a seperate assualt on the Tyranid Hive Tyrant with his command squad and the remaining Guardsmen. The rest of third company was holding other areas of the capital city, or aiding in evacuation.

"Acknowledged Captain," Anaziel responded, "We will hold the gates."

" Deathwing squad Israfael ans Scout squad Gabriel will assist you."

"Understood Captain. For the Lion!"

Ok, for the twenty fifth anniversary today, we had a contest called Twenty Five minutes of Hell. You had 500 pts. and had to hold a hill (Gates) for twenty five minutes. My list was:

1 ten man tactical squad with a heavy bolter and Flamer, A Deathwing squad with assualt Cannon, 2x LC, a TH/SS and a sergeant with power sword. I also had a five man scout squad with bp/cc weapons.

Tyranids had 4 gropus of 14 guants and 4 warriors, but could respawn.

Turn one:

Tyranids go first, as required by scenario. They also had bounding leap which gave them 3d6 run, choosing the highest of 3. They get close but no assault!

Dark Angels My deathwing AC kills 4 nids, and my SB kills two

Tac squad kills 10!!!

Scouts 2

Turn 2 Nids assualt

LC term goes down, but the rest of squad kills 4.

Scout squad, assaulted all saves made, one more nid killed

Tac squad is mauled, 4 marines go down, fail leadership, lose one more to those wounds...not good. When I attack back one nid is killed.

Terms finish off gaunts, warrior slays my thunder hammer man

Tac squad, takes two more marines, but pass leadership, killing 2 more gaunts

Scout squad loses two, but kill three, another 7 gaunts pile in...

Deathwing kills warrior, and gun down three more nids,

Tac squad, loses two more marines, only Anaziel left... :D

Scout Squad is wiped out completely... ;)

Anaziel spins, cutting down another Tyranid. All of his squad is down, but four of his brethren show minimal life signs. Five are dead. Two of the deathwing are on their knees, bleeding profusely. Sergeant Israfael is firing upon the advancing horde, refusing to give ground. Squad Gabriel is down as well, Gabriel desperately, dragging a wounded scout away from the aliens, with two of his scouts limping behind him. He looks to his chronometer; two minutes left.

With two minutes left, Anaziel cuts down 3 more Gaunts, shrugging off a whopping 10!!!! wounds against him. I was impressed.

The Deathwing kill 4 more, and my scouts are gone. Right as Anaziel is multi assaulted by two warriors, time ends.

I finished fourth behind Grey knights, a raven wing player, and 100 guardsmen.

Total Casualties *Note I roll for "Official Deaths" 1's equal actual death

9 Tac marines ( 5 Actually dead, just as fluff warranted)

2 Terms (0 actual dead)

5 scouts (1 actual dead)

Anaziel surveys the battlefield, as the tyranids flee in a terror, the Hive Tyrant dead by Gregorious hand, though he hears it is at a great cost. The Captain has lost a hand. Anaziel's squad has taken 50 % casualties, the worst of all the squads on Imperis Arx. Of the Deathwing all have survived, though two are in critical condition. Gabriels squad lost one scout, but the entire unit is heavily wounded, with none coming away unscathed. As the Thunderhawk roars to a landing, Anaziel carries each of his dead brothers up the ramp, lamenting their loss. He looks out the open bay, and watches the last of the transprts carry their precious cargo to the Unrelenting Fury.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6784370658_48901512a7_z.jpg

Hold the Line!! by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Curse bad spelling: I still probably missed something

Archived