Tech Priests

I frakkin' love the Mechanicus. So when I started playing Dark Heresy, I picked a Tech Priest to play. She is my second character, though, as my first was a Psyker. Oh, the bolt magnet. Any ways, I thought I would try my hand at my character, so here she is. What do you think?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l121/Saarloose/HekatonFINAL.png

Here is a link to the original in my art gallery, if you care to see the full version.

Does anyone else play Dark Heresy? As a Tech Priest? ;)

I GM Dark Heresy, rather than play (I have a thread up in the Other Games section). I have to say I really quite like the piece of art you've made. Nice style. The red crescents and the pipes might need a slight tweak but I have to say the eyes and the aquila tattoo really draw attention away from that. I also like the hair, as it contrasts with the tanned skin. All in all a very pretty character. ^_^

I GM Dark Heresy, rather than play (I have a thread up in the Other Games section). I have to say I really quite like the piece of art you've made. Nice style. The red crescents and the pipes might need a slight tweak but I have to say the eyes and the aquila tattoo really draw attention away from that. I also like the hair, as it contrasts with the tanned skin. All in all a very pretty character. :huh:

Hehe, you caught me. I don't like the pipes or the crescents, myself. I got lazy. I admit it. ^^;

I was having so much fun rendering the flesh and hair that I got sloppy with the rest.

Aw, pretty? Thanks! (Gah, that was such a girly response. Heh.)

I might have to go look for your thread. I absolutely adore DH.

i ran DH professionally as GM for 1,5 years, and yes, it is awesome, a friend and me is even modding it to a more advanced version to work in a sorta fantasy/steampunk setting (without magic), that is how much i love the ruleset (even if it got its flaws)

as for the drawing, the hair and skin really is awesome, but it unfortunatly does show that you rushed the mechanical bits (quite heretical considering its a techpriest :huh: )

:EDIT:

also... if your psyker died, it was probably due to lack of: SPASM!

as for the drawing, the hair and skin really is awesome, but it unfortunatly does show that you rushed the mechanical bits (quite heretical considering its a techpriest ;) )

:EDIT:

also... if your psyker died, it was probably due to lack of: SPASM!

Mechanical/inorganic/geometrical onjects and shapes are very new to me. When I fell in love with the 40k universe I realized that if I was going to draw the things I saw and imagined, I'd have to really step out of my comfort zone. And I have. And a lot of it is crap. Haha. But I'm trying. ^^;

And my Psyker did not die. I play her in another campaign. I am currently apart of two seperate games. (:

I drew my Psyker as well. Though, that piece didn't turn out as well and again, it was a bit rushed. I have horrible patience problems. Hehe.

Thanks for the compliments. I'll keep working on my 'mechanical' skillz. xD

Mannn I wish I could draw, that is pretty good stuff you got there ;)

Btw I play an Iron Hand techmarine in Deathwatch *makes sign of the cog*

My thanks. ;) <-- This face is quite accurate.

I want to play Deathwatch so frickin' bad. But I don't have a group to play with. :/ So I have to settle for Dark Heresy for now. Heh. Techmarines are among my favorite of the marine types. Next to Apothecaries. They have a special place in my little heart. (:

well if it were possible i would love to include you for starting a DW campaign (ive been wanting to try and make a campaign for that so bad since it came out)

also do take my critical comment in a possitive way, what i ment was that you clearly do have the skills to do the mechanical bits better than in this particular picture (since theres a very big gap between the qualities)...

i myself tend to just sorta go "well, ill just disguise this with some basic shades and highlights and call it a day" when iam halfway through a drawing, if i ever do actually finish it... and it shows<.<

also... well, seems you did deploy the correct amounts of the spasm power, then xP

:obligatory edit:

actually... if you want to practice metal stuff and hard surfaces, i could throw some of my sketches (thats is mostly what i make, really) to you to play around with and practice on?

well if it were possible i would love to include you for starting a DW campaign (ive been wanting to try and make a campaign for that so bad since it came out)

Orly? I'd definately be interested. Do you run your games via the net?

also do take my critical comment in a possitive way, what i ment was that you clearly do have the skills to do the mechanical bits better than in this particular picture (since theres a very big gap between the qualities)...

i myself tend to just sorta go "well, ill just disguise this with some basic shades and highlights and call it a day" when iam halfway through a drawing, if i ever do actually finish it... and it shows<.<

Hehe, don't worry. I took it all as constructive criticism. ^^

also... well, seems you did deploy the correct amounts of the spasm power, then xP

I Spasm herectics and traitors like a BOSS. I also electrocute people. My Psyker is a Biomancer. (:<

actually... if you want to practice metal stuff and hard surfaces, i could throw some of my sketches (thats is mostly what i make, really) to you to play around with and practice on?

There is a joke in there some where, about practice with hard surfaces and such. Hehe, oh. I'm sorry. Pay me no attention, it's been a long day and I am easily amused. ;)

But! I would absoballyflippin'lutely love it if I could see some of your works. ^^ Seeing how other artists work and studying their sketches can be a great boone. You wouldn't happen to have an online gallery where I could browse your art, would you? ;)

There is a joke in there some where, about practice with hard surfaces and such. Hehe, oh. I'm sorry. Pay me no attention, it's been a long day and I am easily amused. happy.gif

yeah i tried my best to phrase that to NOT induce any "thats what she said" -jokes... truly a challenge

I Spasm herectics and traitors like a BOSS. I also electrocute people. My Psyker is a Biomancer. (:<

Orly? I'd definately be interested. Do you run your games via the net?

as a player i never got that far with a character, but i had a very important role in the party, being it was my job to send people to the floor so my team could mop them up with sharp sticks

but well... no, i actually have no experience in doing online table-RPG stuff, iam not even sure how that would work... but it might be worth a try? :x

But! I would absoballyflippin'lutely love it if I could see some of your works. ^^ Seeing how other artists work and studying their sketches can be a great boone. You wouldn't happen to have an online gallery where I could browse your art, would you? smile.gif

well i used to. but then i rage-quit that whole community it was part of and have been sortof at a standstill since... ill try to get some more scanned once i get them back home and PM you a link to wherever i upload them

Archived