monstrous creature sized weapons

So I really like to plan waaaay ahead with my stuff as the DP for my army will be the last big model I paint for my Night Lords but I want to buy all the parts before just in case they go out of production for some reason (don't ask I'm just paranoid like that). Anyways so far I'm planning on using this head (after choppin off the antlers I think the skull would look amazing as a night lord prince), possibly the wings from this kit, probably use the regular DP kit for most of the rest, I'll do a custom tail (or at least the end) but anyways..... My question was where could I find a monstrous creature sized spear and shield? I know there's plenty of axes, swords and warhammers around but other than that there isn't a whole lot.....any ideas?

Not sure what exactly you are looking for but I'd say 54mm or 1:35 Historical miniatures would be a good place to start looking.

Though a 28mm sword on a pole should look good as well, especially if you are going for a chaosblade or something like that.

Largest shield bit I can think of at the moment is from hasslefree: link.

*edit: just found this on their site as well*

Another thought: it might be cheaper to find a sabretooth or bear skull mini/toy instead of the Forgeworld miniature. Would even leave you with some extra parts for your next terrain projects. -_-

The Eldar Avatar from Forgeworld is sporting a nice spear, which might look good after some converting:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...WITH-SPEAR.html

Another option might be the Wraithseer:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...WRAITHSEER.html

No ideas for the shield though.

Thank you all for the ideas brothers. I'm currently working on a terminator version of him now, using the chaos lord on manticore shield and spear for him. I wanted to try to make it look like his spear and shield grew in ascension along with him. I don't know why but I never noticed the avatar's spear, that'd probably actually work perfectly. The carnifex idea is a good one. I'll probably wind up using that as a backup plan. I'd like to be able to find an evil looking one but any would suffice. I have enough eight pointed stars laying around to chaosify any shield that winds up being the correct size along with some GS. Any other ideas though? Very helpful so far! :lol:

Edit: Duros I saw that shield as well but I'm not sure it'd be big enough. Might have to order it and see. Would work pretty well if it was large enough.

Archived