Forgeworld Dreads

I think there are two problems you'll run into:

First, the shoulder joints of the Contemptor are part of the main body kit. Each arm plugs into the bicep area, instead of attaching at the shoulder joint like a normal Dread. To get around that you'd end up having to buy a whole Contemptor kit just for the shoulder sections, and then magnetizing the shoulder and bicep joins to make them modular.

Second, the Contemptor is a lot taller than a normal Dread. If you put those arms on the standard boxy Dread, there's a strong chance the arms will end up too long, making your Dread look like an orangutan.

That was my concern too, but I should probably expand on what I was debating. I was going to buy the Black Templar FW Dread, two Dreadfire arms, and one of the Contemptor Heavy Bolter arms. The HB arm seems a bit shorter than the rest of them, and the Dreadfire arms have the shoulder socket. Hopefully the HB arm joint will fit into the Dreadfire shoulder socket, which will get magnitized to switch out. Thoughts?

That was my concern too, but I should probably expand on what I was debating. I was going to buy the Black Templar FW Dread, two Dreadfire arms, and one of the Contemptor Heavy Bolter arms. The HB arm seems a bit shorter than the rest of them, and the Dreadfire arms have the shoulder socket. Hopefully the HB arm joint will fit into the Dreadfire shoulder socket, which will get magnitized to switch out. Thoughts?

From looking at the parts, that should work. The socket of the dreadfire arms looks a lot like the one of the other contemptor weapon arms.

My thoughts exactly. Fingers crossed, hope this works...Keep an eye on my Marines Malevolent thread over the next few weeks, I'll post the results.

*heads to FW website to burn a hole in his wallet*

Ugh.... Dang Forge World will take Visa Credit Cards, but not Visa Debit Cards.... *Sigh*

Does anyone know of a trustworthy Online store that sells / takes orders for Forge World stuff?

Yeah, and they used to accept my Visa Debit too. Checked their policies after I got denied, and lo and behold, they changed their policy on the Visa Debit. Go figure. That's fine, I'll give my money to someone else. Question still stands, Does anyone know of a trustworthy Online store that sells / takes orders for Forge World stuff?

From the FW site...

If you're ordering from outside the UK we can only accept Visa and Mastercard credit card payments, but if you're a UK customer we can also accept Maestro and Visa debit cards.

:) Grrrrr...

pay pal your visa debit card, and walla instant approval..

Never tried that before. Any idea how to go about that?

Still open to an alternate online store too, if anyone knows one...

Credit card. (We can currently accept VISA or MasterCard. Sorry, we do not accept American Express.) Debit Card. (We can currently accept Maestro, Solo, Delta and Electron.) All credit and debit card orders will be charged in £ Sterling at the £ Sterling price which will be converted to your own currency on your card statement by your card company.

The Euro EUR and US$ prices in this catalogue are shown for customers wishing to pay by Cheque or Money Order in those currencies. For an example of a current exchange rate visit www.xe.com or contact your card company. Please note this exchange rate may not be the one being used by your card company but should give you a good indication as to what you will pay.

According to this you should be able use Visa Debit cards.

Credit card. (We can currently accept VISA or MasterCard. Sorry, we do not accept American Express.) Debit Card. (We can currently accept Maestro, Solo, Delta and Electron.) All credit and debit card orders will be charged in £ Sterling at the £ Sterling price which will be converted to your own currency on your card statement by your card company.

The Euro EUR and US$ prices in this catalogue are shown for customers wishing to pay by Cheque or Money Order in those currencies. For an example of a current exchange rate visit www.xe.com or contact your card company. Please note this exchange rate may not be the one being used by your card company but should give you a good indication as to what you will pay.

According to this you should be able use Visa Debit cards.

Read again, brother. Underlined the important bit.

It's cool, man. I'm looking at wayland games right now, in hopes that they have all the FW parts I'm looking for, but it's not promising (they got a lot, but not all). Again, if anyone knows an online store that sells FW stuff, it'd be much appreciated.

It does, and I've made a number of international orders in the past (including about a week ago) with verified by visa, but it will not go through FW. Sigh.

Again, if anyone knows an online store that sells FW stuff, it'd be much appreciated.

;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Head + Table = Me...

I feel like a fool. My bank just called because of 'suspicious purchases', and gave me my FW order attempt. In other words, they thought I wasn't me. So, I should be able to make my order in about 20 minutes. Hell, I'd rather my bank be paranoid then just letting whatever orders come out of my accout, right? lol.

Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself..... :)

Archived