Question about combat squad box

Hi, does anyone know if the models you get in the 5 man combat squad box are different from the tactical squad box, or is it just half as many sprues? Given the higher price per marine I was wondering if there was anything different about the combat squad marines that made it worth buying them?

Thanks

As far as I'm aware, you get half the spruces to make the five guys needed, but no command upgrade bits like power weapons.

I could be wrong though, I've never picked up a box - this is just the impression I got. I can't see GW leaving a loophole like that to dent their profit margin.

Yep, just 5 bolter weilding multi-part Tacticals. Honestly, imo, your better off going to eBay stores like Hoard'O'Bitz or Blackdagger Games, they sell individual Tacticals for $2-$3AU each, or a full 10 man AoBR squad (great for bulking out by putting one or two in a non-AoBR squad) for like $20AU.

Cheers,

Jono

Since "real" chapters only field tacs in ten man groups, I've never had cause to buy the Combat Squad box. But I believe Araziel has it right: half the sprues with a higher price per marine that they hope you don't notice because the overall price is lower. There is a "what's in each box" thread around here somewhere with pics of the sprues for many of the GW kits. I'll post it if I find it

Archived