EPK's Unforgiven

EPK

Very nice speeder there, really top work.

You've even managed not to snap off either the antenna and/or the mounting rail for the heavy bolter which makes you a much better man than me!

Very nice speeder there, really top work.

You've even managed not to snap off either the antenna and/or the mounting rail for the heavy bolter which makes you a much better man than me!

I'll let you in on a little secret - don't tell anyone. I actually did snap off the mounting rail and left it off for most of the painting - I think you can even notice the break just next to where the HB attaches. I was able to reattach it later and paint it <_<

Thanks gain all for the kind comments. Previously I had done 3 bikers with completely gray highlights but the fenris grey (blue really) primary highlights have really grown on me since I painted my Consecrators.

Haha excellent.

I'd like to have words with whoever was in charge of the STC team that designed that mount - all my speeders only have a c.15 degree frontal firing arc as a result of their shoddy workmanship.

What's te next cab off the rank painting wise?

I'll let it slide, apparently a Stormraven can actually fly.

Next up? I do have another Land speeder as well as a plethora of tanks, but I'll probably get back to my DW command for now, starting with the Apothecary.

Congratulations on Your vow completion, Brother!

Your work is amazing!

We are Sons of Lion; we never forgive, never forget!

Right back at you. I love those subtle conversions you did on your characters - the Librarian is one of my favorites!

Right back at you. I love those subtle conversions you did on your characters - the Librarian is one of my favorites!

Thank You, Your compliment means a lot!

:eek

• 1 month later...

Thanks! Well, it's been a while since I posted anything, so you are forgiven. ;)

I'm actually a little worried our new dex might make him obsolete though - like restricting the apothecary to only standard terminator wargear. But oh well, he looks cool. He'll still be fielded when I need Th/SS - Assistant Apothecary, lol.

EPK, you're back!!!!!! and you've brought along a most excellent apothecary. Thanks brother, I love the black up to white lightning effects on the hammer. Also the little freehand icons all over the place and his collection of trinkets make him look pretty special.

Coolio on toast!

Do you have magnets? Change is nearly upon us :)

stobz

Thanks!

The red on white apothecary symbols were a bit tedious but I'm more or less satisfied with them in the end.

Do you have magnets? Change is nearly upon us :)

Yes, that I do - and I'm fairy certain both arms will snap off easy enough - need to get my dremel back from a friend already :P . Perhaps I'll paint him up an alternate set.

Heh heh heh, I just noticed he has lenses on his lower back so he can check out his bowel movements :)

I use 5mm diameter x0.5mm thick magnets, they seen to fit nicely without drilling holes, they look a little like the flexi bits too so if they are visible they don't look too silly. What size do you use?

s

Heh heh heh, I just noticed he has lenses on his lower back so he can check out his bowel movements :)

Haha... I never had any idea what those are! I think I must have saw someone paint them that way way back and then I just started doing it and now most of my DW are equipped with rear end view optics.

Seriously though, what are those things?

My best guess is they are jack plug points for when they are needing an external feed or power supply in a THawk or LR or maybe for when not used so they can power up. At least that is how I paint them up to be. Could be very off the mark.

Yours will help him from being sneaked up on, esp since his armour isn't that mobile <_<

s

Pfft, you and your logic...

My reasoning was they were some sort of indicator lights actually... however the plug idea does make the most sense.

Ohwell, When chili night on the Rock strikes, the Deathwing need to make precision deep strikes on the commode.

They are clasps. The terminator armor is not armor at all. Its a leather suit and the watchers psionically enchant it to resist all this damage. And the inflexibility is a lie to prevent the rest of the chapters for asking for said technology.

How many points do I get for writting the next codex?

Nice work EPK - glad to see you back at it B)

I am in the middle of magnetising all my Termis at the moment (2mm diameter x 1.5mm bag of 100 - they fit perfectly in the pin and hole Termi arms in the BR box) so I know your pain for the future codex options :blink:

Thanks all.

Yea, I have some fairly small magnets (forget the size) that I can sink into the arm and body.

Anywho, nothing new here, just a group shot. Obviously I still have the 3 more guys for this squad to paint but I think I will turn my attention to doing some Dark Vengeance models now.

gallery_49213_4130_39642.jpg

Archived