Apostate Bomani Lukman

I have been building my thousand sons army and I really wanted to take Khârn the betrayer, but I want to stay thousand sons. So I started coming up with a special character for the thousand sons based on Khârn.

Here's what I have so far:

Apostate Bomani Lukman-200pts

WS 7, BS 5, S 5, T 4, W 3, I 5, A 3*, LD 10, SV 3+/4++

Power armor, frag & krak grenades, personal icon, MoT, daemon weapon

Fearless, Furious charge, Independent character, Blessed prophet of the architect

Blessed Prophet of the Architect: The power of Tzeench, in his guise as the architect of fate, suffuses Lukman's being, resulting in an unparalleled knowledge of the skein of fate around him. This power, however, can occasionally become too much for him to contain. While in close combat against models with a WS value Lukman hits on a 2+. However, if a one is rolled the power contained within him slips out, inflicting a wound upon a model in Lukman's squad. If there are no models in a unit with Lukman then these attacks simply miss. In addition the architect's blessing grants lukman immunity to the effects of psychic powers and force weapons count as normal power weapons against him.

Daemon weapon (I still haven't named it yet :lol:): The burning hatred of the daemon bound within this blade causes it to emit waves of burning heat. Each time the blade is swung it spews forth arcs of flame hot enough to cause even the toughest of armors to turn to molten slag. In addition to functioning as a normal daemon weapon this weapon may also be used as a ranged weapon during the shooting phase with the following profile: Range-24" S-6 Pen-3 Assault D3. If a 1 is rolled for the number of shots fired then Lukman takes a wound and cannot shoot. Additionally this weapon grants an extra D6 to armor pen in close combat.

I was was trying to go for a cross between a plasma pistol and a tzeenchian daemon weapon for the ranged attack. And I felt that bumping the point cost to 200 for adding the daemon weapon seemed pretty fair, but I'm eager to get some feed back on the matter.

Pretty cool. I'd get rid of Furious Charge on him though, it's a very berserker type rule and I don't think Tzeentch is that big a fan of berserkers. The extra strength can be explained as mutations or physic strength or whatever. The Daemon weapon's pretty cool, with it beimg more powerful but less fast firing than it normally is. Overall, a pretty cool character. Just ditch the Furious Charge and bring him down to around 180/190.

i agree to getting rid of furious charge, it kinda messes with the tzeentch feel... also, i would remove the +d6 armor pen from CC and simply give the weapons shooting attack the melta rule instead, its simply more interesting that way, and a tzeentch daemon weapon should be pretty damn good at shooting

actually, make him all the more about the daemon weapon(they ARE supossed to be very powerfull and dangerous afterall), and say that it is the daemon inside that guides his hands to those whoose fate it have seen is to fall here and now (sometimes that just happens to be your fellow guys), esentially making the weapon be the link to tzeentch's plans and him

also for the name: Fate's edge OR Moirai ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moirai )

He still feels really Kharnish, with his abilities making him a near-clone, apart from a few tweaks to the gun stats. Have you considered giving him a couple of unique, combat focused psychic powers instead? Maybe Warptime, Gate of Infinity (from SM 'dex, Ahriman's Chosen used to have it) and a power mimicking Mindshackle Scarabs.

I had thought about giving him some psychic powers but it didn't really make any sense to me with him being immune to the effects of psychic powers. I wasn't really trying to make something too far off from Khârn, I was mainly just trying to fluff it for thousand sons. I really want to keep him a close combat machine, I mainly just altered the ranged profile of the daemon weapon to make up for the loss of the plasma pistol. Understandably this strays a bit from what is normal for tzeench, but this is chaos, weird stuff happens. I figure a way to explain the furious charge for him and the squad of "bezerkers" I was going to run with him could be some sort of mutation, maybe to the adrenal glands, making them faster and stronger for a short time. Granted thousand sons aren't notorious for liking mutations, but this guy's pretty far from the norm for them anyways.

Interesting character concept, but I am not too big on the immunity to all psychic powers and force weapons thing. Besides sounding JUST LIKE Khârn's (who's special ability is because his Patron God HATES and ABHORS psykers), this Lukman sounds like he was the Legion or a Company Champion for the Thousand Sons, and his Patron is the Chaos God of Psykers with Tzeneech. Be kinda counter-productive to have a special ability that outright negates the gifts your god would give you, especially when you are also running around with his mark to boot. What might be better would be an Aegis or Eldar Runes of Warding type of ability for opponents who try to attack him with psychic powers. Also, as something of a tank engine, and a 1K Sons person, who are opposed to Khorne followers, and just Khârn, instead of Furious Charge, why not give Lukman the SA: Counter-Attack.

Archived