Greetings from Poland

Behir

As the topic title suggests, I wanted to say hello ;).

I have been reading (well not really reading, as I mostly viewed the Hall of Honor and WIP threads) B&C for a while now and I finally decided to make an account. I collect miniatures rather than play (at least for now), and after four years without any contact with the hobby I felt this nostalgia-like throbbing which can be satisfied only by returning to what gave me so much fun in the past.

And due to my recent fascination with the WH40k universe and the Adeptes Astartes, I thought that starting a Space Marines army is a good idea. But as I have an oath to paint my Necron army before I buy any new minis, the whole undertaking has to wait a bit. Fortunately I have only one Destroyer and three Immortals left to paint, so the day of an assault of the Astartes on my home is nearing really fast :lol:.

So, why have I made an account and a greetings thread before buying myself some Marines first? Well, actually I have 3 tacticals from a sprue I got as a promo when I bought new paints (after 4 years without using them they dried, huh), and today I painted my first Astartes. Probably tomorrow I'll post a picture of him on the WIP part of the forums :).

Which Chapter did I choose? I invented my own. Umbra Wolves are the descendants of those very few blessed Luna Wolves (fluff-wise they were absent when Horus renamed his Legion and during the whole Heresy) who remained loyal to the Emperor.

Hail and welcome, brother! Well, well, well. It sounds like you've got no need of an introduction to the site and have things well in order. I doubt you'll be needing much help but if you do have any questions - just ask. :D

I'm rather the lurker type, so I hope I won't cause any problems, at least willingly :lol:. It's very possible that the pictures my test marine will be delayed for a day, because the camera belongs to my father, and it's an obviously xenos design which I have to learn to handle properly.

And I do have one question, but it has nothing to do with the current year. I mean: where do we pledge our vows to paint a certain amount of miniatures ^_^?

Ah, the LPC challenge. A thread is created at the beginning of each year with a sign up window of one month and a completion window for a further two months. Once the window closes, that's it, the opportunity is over. The thread is usually posted in the PCA subforum. The current one's sign up has indeed closed but the thread itself is still on page one, I believe.

As an alternative there are select "Expansion" vow threads dotted throughout B&C which have their own sign up windows - one that I can think of is the Imperial Fists Expansion in the Index Astartes subforum and another would be the annual Space Wolves one in their eponymous subforum.

Hope that helps. :)

Archived