All Robes All the Time?

captain sox

Hello brothers,

I just picked up a whole bunch of robed torsos (~20) and was thinking about adding 2 tac squads and a dev squad all in robes to my army. I have 10 robed vets and no other PA marines ATM. I was thinking about maybe doing the robes in different colors to distinguish the squads. I'm thinking black robes for the devastators... Could look good.

My Deathwing terminators are bathing in dettol right now waiting to be stripped and painted again.

What is the consensus? Is an all robed army weak sauce or would it be cool? I'm thinking it has potential to be sweeet!

A fully robed army would look very unique and different from most armies as already mentioned, if you are doing a green DA army and not a successor chapter would black robes clash with the green? cant always be sure about what colours go well its just bone colour robes contrast with the green very well but I am not sure how black would look, maybe a picture of a marine if possible.

An all robed army would look great. The black robes, I dont know :/

You can make em look different by other means, you can add some guard at the bottom of the robe, or on the sides, a blocky, cog thoot like for the devastators would look great. Maybe a simple line for the tacs, or nothing at all? For HQs and such you can go with a line with arrows pointing up or something like that. It will be subtle, but you'll be able to tell one form another with ease.

I think that you should mix them in squads at random. Vary it up so they dont look like an army of clones

Personally i am a fan of a squad coherency.

I have squads both in PA and Robes but not mixed.Also i dont like my heavy weapon wielders wear robes.I find it unrealistic to have fabrics get in your way.

My vet squads are always robed.

The rule of cool overides everything so do them however you like,there is no defined rule as to were to use robes.

The robes are a dominating feature of each model overwhelming when looked at collectively. As a cohesive force it will look bad if there are all kinds of colored robes everywhere. The fact here are robes won't be what people see, they will see multiple colors.

You might be able to get away with different color bolted cases...but I doubt that too. I wouldn't do it.

I think you would have better luck adding seam/fringe detail/color.

Archived