More Followers for the Chaos Gods

Thanks guys. Just got home from school to a rather interesting site.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/bleachit54/IMG_4440.jpg

Apparently Primus and Billy didn't like their brother Jimmy.

In reality, apparently my sister had let one of the backyard cats in and it had bumped the chair and knocked the mini off and the glue didn't hold and she had just put him back where he was. But don't worry, we can make him better, stronger and faster. We have the necessary glue.

Lol, Astartes bullying looks pretty vicious :D

A little note for the red colours, I recently switched to Mephiston Red and love it, especially when highlighted with Evil Sunz scarlet. (The supposed new Blood Red)

I basically prime black,

base coat of Mechrite red

Heavy Badab Black wash (I find Nuln oil isn't as strong as Bada so you go through a lot more to achieve the same effect)

2 thin coats of Mephiston then pick out highlights with Evil Sunz, quick wash with Baal red a d done. :o

ill have a look next time I'm at the paint desk for an easier way of doing scales.

Liking the night lord so far though and the face can be fixed easily don't be disheartened.

Hehe sorry for the late reply. Just realized someone had replied.

A little note for the red colours, I recently switched to Mephiston Red and love it, especially when highlighted with Evil Sunz scarlet. (The supposed new Blood Red)

I basically prime black,

base coat of Mechrite red

Heavy Badab Black wash (I find Nuln oil isn't as strong as Bada so you go through a lot more to achieve the same effect)

2 thin coats of Mephiston then pick out highlights with Evil Sunz, quick wash with Baal red a d done. :D

ill have a look next time I'm at the paint desk for an easier way of doing scales.

Hmm, I have Evil Sunz Scarlet, but I don't have Mephiston Red. I used Khorne Red, which looks a little darker. Hmm, I happen to have another color you don't, it's Wazdakka Red. It's a little brighter than Mephiston Red and a little darker than Evil Sunz Scarlet. Maybe use it for the highlights and Evil Sunz for the scales? Or vice versa? Or maybe use it for the highlights and the scales and use Evil Sunz as a highlight on the scales? Oh the possibilities!

Again, thanks to everyone for liking this!

• 1 month later...
So recently due to things like The First Heretic, Know No Fear, Betrayer, the Gal Vorbak and the Vakrah Jal, a recent re-reading of the Word Bearers IA article, as well as the fact that I have to see the color blue everyday, I have come to the dilemma that I really want to start some Word Bearers. Big problem though: lack of funds. So ultimately, my choices would end up being some Word Bearers with a couple of Night Lords, or the other way around as my Word Bearer color scheme would basically be the same as the red guy I painted earlier. So what do you guys think? Stay Night Lord or go Word Bearer?

• 2 months later...

Is that really a question? dry.png I don't believe that's a Word Bearer's avatar you have there... but seriously, your Nightlords would look great with a few red armored bodies to break up the dark blue. Maybe a single Dark Apostle or a possessed squad? Something fluffy for the Word Bearers would look great!

Also, lets get this business back up and running.

How long ago did you read those? If you just read them, I'd suggest waiting a bit to decide. Otherwise if you've been feeling this way for awhile, then I think whichever you feel strongest about should be your main army. I think you love your Night Lords a bit more though....

Pretty much right after publication. That post was made all the way back in February lol. And yes, I do love my Night Lords more. I think the main force(as well a the "Core List") will be Night Lords. Then maybe throw in a squad of World Eater Berzerkers that had sought shelter after the Betrayal at Skalathrax as well as a small Raptor Cult of Word Bearers who had grown disillusioned with the politics of Kor Phaeron and the Council of Sicarus and so struck their own, just seeing where the winds take them. The two different shades of red should compliment each other well enough while breaking up the monotony of blue. And of there's one thing I learned from Superman, a blue suit always needs a little red.

It's sort of rushed and far from my best work, but I feel this should capture the way I want to head with this.

This region of space was empty. No, that wasn't entirely correct. Rather, it was empty of life. Massive hulks and space debris orbited in random patterns around a massive... thing. One might call it a piece of junk. Another, more trained eye would see that despite the jagged silhouette that was devoid of symmetry, the bastardized parody of an orbital station was bristling with weaponry. Crisscrossing arcs of fire provided a virtual 360 degree field of defense. Only a fool would assault it blindly. But a fool would never get through the surrounding debris field. That raised the question of just who it was then, that approached the "Broken Fortress", as the structure was called.

The small ship drifted forward on maneuvering thrusters only, its main engines too obtuse for the delicate movements. Several dozens of weapon emplacements tracked the vessel as it drew nearer and nearer.

Comm systems transmitted a request to dock. At first, the commander of the station experienced confusion at the request, and then amusement as he granted it. Curiosity was one of his many flaws.

The newcomers walked into the space station, its atmosphere dark and humid, like a cave in a swamp. It seemed as though small shadowy shapes flitted in and out of focus in the periphery. One of the arrivals smiled underneath his daemon-masked helmet.

"Welcome to my humble abode Word Bearers. Tell me, why shouldn't I kill you?" The speaker wore the blue-black of the Night Lords. Beside him was a hulking monstrosity wearing bright, crimson armor marked with devouring maw of the World Eaters. While an uncommon combination, the Word Bearer reflected, it did make sense.

"Simple my lord, I have something you want." he replied.

"Pray, do tell. What do you have that I want? You have only a few dozen men and my boot is bigger than your ship."

"A Raptor Cult. My men and I are the founding members of the Cult of the Ebony Eye. The Cult in whole numbers close to a few hundred spread out through the Eye of Terror. We can provide an information network as well as troops. I believe that should suffice."

"Interesting. Tell me, why would you betray your brethren in the XVII? I thought you preachers got along perfectly?"

"They have fallen from Lorgar's teachings and I hate politics. Besides, I hunger for the hunt and the kill."

"Hmph. Well then, the deal is struck. Welcome to the Dark Maw."

Not bad so far! I'm not a *huge* fan of the word bearers, but Nightlords and World Eaters totally go hand in hand. I can easily imagine a crafty Nightlord terrormaster tricking a khornate warband into working for him.

As for your writing, a few small nitpicks jump out besides a couple of grammar/spelling things.

-I wish your World Eater was a little more fleshed out. He kinda disappears after you mention him.

-Try a tiny bit more discription between spoken dialog, even if it's just something small like explaining how your characters are standing, or their facial expressions. You start out great, but near the end, it gets to just one spoken statement after another. It makes them seem like a pair of talking heads instead of the robust and characterful astartes warlords that they are.

Just a few thoughts for the future. I know you mentioned it was a bit rushed!

Okay, due to talks of collaboration with Noctus Cornix, there is a possibility that this WIP thread will be going through a reboot, if not replaced with a new. I will update as things proceed.

Okay, as I said, this WIP warband will be going through some changes. This little wall of fluff will be the official start. You'll notice that it has some similarities with a certain previous post, but I wasn't too happy with that one as it felt like I burned out towards the end and it showed. I feel better about this one though so here goes.

This region of space was empty. No, that wasn't entirely correct. Rather, it was empty of life. Massive hulks and space debris orbited in random patterns around a massive... thing. One might call it a piece of junk. Another, more trained eye would see that despite the jagged silhouette that was devoid of symmetry, the bastardized parody of an orbital station was bristling with weaponry. Crisscrossing arcs of fire provided a virtual 360 degree field of defense. Only a fool would assault it blindly. But a fool would never get through the surrounding debris field without a dedicated fleet. That raised the question of just who it was then, that approached the "Broken Fortress", as the structure was called.

Explosions blossomed in the distance as mines and automated ship-class weapon systems hidden within the debris field attempted to fulfill their deadly purpose. Already a few hulks had been added to the debris field as their hulls were breached, engines destroyed and weapons disabled. As the small warfleet continued pushing through, the enemy would bracket and destroy the traps until finally, it broke through.

One thing became obvious as the inhabitants of the hulk-fortress looked upon their attackers: while organized it was a rather ad hoc fleet, with colors of various warbands from the Children of Purgatos, Extermination Angels and the Steel Cobras. And at the center of it all was an Infernus-class battleship wearing the colors of the Word Bearers.

"Hail our attackers. I want to know what in the name of Slathissin they hope to achieve here. Oh and target the heavy weaponry on that Word Bearers ship. I want it to be the first to go if this is an attack."

Bulsa ordered from his obsidian command throne. His midnight-blue armor was almost camouflaged in the dim lighting of the operations center. The winged skull of Nostramo flared from his shoulder proudly, though it was worn and chipped, signifying the mark of a survivor.

"I say we just slaughter them all. Cripple their ships and let me and my warriors board them and offer their skulls to the Warp-Master!" Terek-Thor almost shouted. His bright crimson and brass armor was in stark contrast to his surroundings. A massive axe was slung across his back and his shoulders hung low in a perpetual stoop as they heaved with his panting breaths. A constant rumble seemed ready to erupt from his throat and his hands unconsciously twitched every few seconds.

"My lord, we have received a reply." one of the nameless menials announced.

"Very well put them through." Bulsa replied. Screams of vox distortion tore through the speakers as the message was put through. Holo-imagers struggled to bring a visual of the enemy's commander to life. The Night Lord squinted at the respectively harsh illumination but made no move to shield his sight. Only a fool made challenges without being willing to look his enemy in the eye.

"Greetings, Son of Nostramo. I am Captain Lautrell of the Chapter of the Ruined King. I come on behalf of my Lord, King Allant to offer employment of your.... Services...." the holo-image announced.

"Please, do tell. Just what exactly can you offer me?" Bulsa asked.

"Prey." The Word Bearer answered, the hint of a grin pulling at his mouth.

Bulsa had no such reservations and a dune dragon's smile plastered itself across his face.

• 2 months later...

Archived