Where to start

antob88

Welcome to the forums, first of all.

To answer the question, I wold say it depends. You are best placed to know whether your son is capable of handling the Hobby in mature manner, that is, without acting spoiled and annoying about it. Some children are very well-behaved, others not so much.

I wouldn't personally. I don't think a seven year old could appreciate it as much as even a ten year old would. Also, other hobbyists are bound to resent the boy for being in the hobby, especially if they are older. There's that whole "GW is selling out to kids" idea floating around.

Hail and welcome, brother! The Normish brings some good points to the table. I think it's best to gently introduce your son to the hobby, if you think he might like it. Getting him to play games, especially if he can't focus for long enough, is a whole other ball game. It'd be best for you to play against him yourself to start with and from there guage his social abilities (ie: Is he a bad loser, does he play well with others? etc, etc). If you deem him ready, and do be critical about this, then slowly bring him into the gaming side of things against other people. Hope this helps. ;)

Archived