DW Apothecary Armament what's yours?

I want arm my apothecary with lightening claws and a cyclone. Does anyone have a reason not to?

1. No TH/SS because I don't want him taking saves.

2. Is this wise?

- the rest of the squad is CC TH/SS and will have a banner.

- what are the chances we keep this ability in the next Dex

- this is something totally unique to DW I think it will stay. Just want to ask before I get crazy with the glue.

I want arm my apothecary with lightening claws and a cyclone. Does anyone have a reason not to?

1. No TH/SS because I don't want him taking saves.

2. Is this wise?

- the rest of the squad is CC TH/SS and will have a banner.

- what are the chances we keep this ability in the next Dex

- this is something totally unique to DW I think it will stay. Just want to ask before I get crazy with the glue.

No there is no reason,not to arm him with everything a normal terminator can.

If the only reason for him is to use wound allocation tricks,give him the cyclone if the rest of the squad is TH/SS too.

In case you are forced to allocate wounds to him it will make him more survivable if he too has a shield.

As for chances nobody knows.In the leaked codex rules it was stated that wound allocation will return to the controlling player again and it will be based on 'armor type'.But that is nothing to be 100% sure.

So there are no safe bets right now.It is a safe bet however to say that should the apothecary stay in next edition he will still be able to take what the rest of the squad can take,at least.

Mine uses the regular SB/PF setup. The rest of my "command squad" has TH/SS, so they can handle whatever comes their way before I'm forced to put any saves on my apothecary. I'm hoping he sticks around as well, because his narthecium has saved countless terminators before in battle.

Cyclone + apothecary = all eggs in one basket. if you receive, let's say 5+ wounds, you'll have to allocate him a save..and you might lose the apoth an d cyclone in one fell swoop.

Wouldnt I just roll the wound I allocated to the Apothacary first?

Assuming the squad is:

Belial

LC/Cyclone Apothacary

TH/SS SGT

TH/SS

TH/SS

TH/SS

The shooting player would have to hit wound with 5 other wounds before a plasma would insta-kill the Apothacary. So I would just assign a "bolter" wound first and the plasma to a TH/SS. So wouldn't I have saved both the Cyclone and the Apothacary. And if I roll that save first and fail I've saved both.

Is this not a good idea?

Usually both apoth and cyclone are the last to be allocated wounds, putting both cyclone and apoth on same model will harm you more on a failed save than losing one or the other by having them separate. Plus the more differently equipped models you have in the squad the better you can allocate wounds suffered from different strenghts/AP.

Besides Feel No Pain, apothecaries still ignore the first failed save by the squad right? So saving the Cy/Ap is guaranteed the first time I roll it each turn as long as I don't allocate AP2 or better.

I allocate right? Not my opponent.

That rule was taken out with the most recent FAQ. It was replaced with the Feel No Pain universal special rule (USR).

I load my Apo up with LC's

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/pueriexdeus/TDACMDVowComplete009.jpg

My reasoning is that I already have 3X SS/TH in the Sqd, and I don't want him saving against any AP2, or high strength wounds. Besides the LC's make it easier to open up TDA/PA to administer some First Aid.

You'll notice the warped base, and claws, got exposed to some real high heat. I do still need to fix them.

Archived