Death Guard warband showcase.

Thanks a lot, you're all too kind. :)

The wasps were an idea that formed in my head about 6 months ago - I love jump packs, but I wanted to implement them into the death guard in a more exciting way than "rotten assault marines" - hence the idea for wasp/fly lower bodys.

I was going to do the silicone mold tonight, but unfortunately my silicone has dried in the can (must be a bad batch - only two months old? :bleep: Anyway, I'll buy some more tomorrow, and then I'll start casting legs, wings and lower bodys - mwahahaha, the wasps are coming!

How in all that is good and holy have I missed this topic and your work! I'm completely smitten and in a way wished I hadn’t seen your models. I was planning to start a death guard army once the new codex is out later this year, and now I hope I don’t end up just copying them.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Gdd

With the greatest respect for your creativity and skills, I'm not perfectly sure about the wasp marine torso. Looking at it from the side, I feel he's a bit too tall and too upright. I'd try to chop even more of the marine torso, actually everything up to the rim of the breast plate. I think the marine upper part would blend even better with the wasp lower part, at least from the side -- but also from the front.

Don't get me wrong, all of your stuff is amazing as it is! It's just my 2 cents. I can't wait to see the wasp marines done!

Cheers, JT

Jay, don't apologize at all for commenting - that's what blogs are for. ;) I'm not sure, though - I really like it as is, but I might experiment a bit. The mold is hardening as we speak, so hopefully I can begin casting tomorrow. ^_^

Oh, and I picked up something today at GW. Since I'm pretty sure Chaos is going to get a flyer, I'm starting a project that I've been wanting to do for a long time, but couldn't see what it should count as - now I know. ^_^

It's quite rough, but you can see where I'm going - a nurgle giant fly:

fly1.jpg

fly2.jpg

Lots of stuff to be added. I'm really excited about this.

I always thought of getting something cool counting-as the (supposedly ridiculous) Chaos flying dragon thing ... With your fly, everything falls into place. Insanely awesome! I might steal it, and reference it, too ...

Cheers, JT

A lot of progress on the fly - first, how to make fly rotors:

Drainage pipe

1.jpg

2 x anti-hair grills (don't know the name) for said drainage pipe.

2.jpg

I cut the ends of the pipe on a lathe, and made two discs of plastic:

3.jpg

Dremel galore:

4.jpg

The discs were cut into rotors, and given the dremel and hobby knife treatment:

5.jpg

I turned two pointed rods on the lathe, and glued the rotors on:

6.jpg

And put everything together - the grills are used as an underside, with holes for the rods:

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

The idea is that the rider sort of interfaces with the daemon engine through his arms (which will be suitably greenstuffed) and the cable going into his back, matrix style. I like the tormented kind of posture he has, inspired by the old metal DE talos. It still needs lots more cables, tech bits, and two cannons on the sides, depending on which kind of armament the chaos flyer is going to have. Oh and the top cannon as well - I don't think I'll make it final until I know the weaponry.

Comment away. I'm really excited about this thing. :)

Archived