The Cardinal Stars Crusade

lordvogalus

+++++Incoming Transmission+++++

+++++To: The Eternal Crusader, High Marshal Helbrecht+++++

+++++From: Strike Cruiser Purging Blade, Emperor's Champion Marcellus Vogalus+++++

+++++Encryption Level: Maximus+++++

+++++Transmission begins+++++

My lord, I apologize for the message that was sent to you earlier, the brother who sent it was in panic and was not thinking clearly. We are not about to be wiped out by Xenos or heretics. I regret to confirm that Marshal Maccabe and all of the Castellans and Chaplains have been slain. We are currently on route to Hiarch to battle the chaos fleet from Malcontender and the Paronx Nebula. Unfortunately, we do not have the numbers to stop them and the WAAAAAAAG! (filthy Xeno word) that we encountered earlier. This will mean surrendering Galipos, but I have no doubt that the planet can easily be returned to the Emperor's Light once we have dealt with the heretic scum. I have attached a pictograph of the current state of the Cardinal Stars. The Emperor Protects,

Champion Vogalus.

+++++Transmission Ends+++++

+++++Transmission Attachment+++++

gallery_65239_6836_24984.png

+++++Message Inlaid within pictograph frequency+++++

+++++Encryption Level: Infinatus+++++

+++++Message Begins+++++

Marshal Maccabe is alive. He is currently disguised as an initiate, and would like to remain so. He cannot bear the dishonor of losing a battlebarge and 200 brothers to the simple trap set by the greenskin scum. I await your orders in this matter.

+++++Message Ends+++++

So, how do you like it? Comments? I'm going to start painting this weekend and posting pics of the first crusaders. For more fluff visit Acebaur's Place for lost Crusades.

I like the Marshal is alive and disguised, very interesting. Not sure if thats what would really happen in the BT structure, but its cool to me! I would rather think that Marshal would go on a "hunt". Hope to see more updates and all when you get there. (I too have to work on mine)

The Marshal is were he is for two reasons:

1) To provide an excuse to use a Marshal in larger games.

2) He is going to have an important role in the narratives once I start writing them.

Also, it's not like he can go anywhere else, the crusade only has one warp-capable ship at the moment.

Archived