A tale of 17 gamers

Otherwise, I'd have been tempted by the Executioners or Lamenters.

Honestly, I'm kinda suprised no one has jumped at the Executioners yet....

Edit: Snort, of course John has to jump in and ruin my vibe, lol. Added in to post 20, and welcome to the right side of the war... :lol:

Meh, not sure how I feel about that. Does vassal allow a Tyrant's list? (never used vassal before...)

I'm not on it currently, but I know it has all the units required to use the Tyrant's list. I believe it haas an Astral Claws section, but I'm not absolutely sure.

With all the support they get over all the Imperial Armor books, the Red Scorpions should be quite enjoyable to do.

The new list (for those that might miss it in post #20):

Carcharodon Astra: Brother Syth

Star Phantoms: Demus Ragnok

Fire Hawks: Grotsmasha

Marines Errant: Kingleir

Red Scorpions: Chapter Master Ignus Domus

Raptors: Dirge Caster

Salamanders: Uprising

Fire Angels: kizzdougs

Novamarines: calgar101

Howling Griffons: Grimdarkness

Sons of Medusa: ChaosLord Leon Enaek

Minotaurs: AD-B

Exorcists: Olisredan

Astral Claws: 1000heathens

Mantis Warriors: Elric the Silvercoat

Lamenters: Brother Seraphion

Executioners: BattleBrotherJohn

Only one space left: the Space Sharks. Actually - I'm quite surprised they are the last to be picked. ;)

Edit: And that's all folks. Every space available is taken.

I may regret this, but put me down for the Carcharodon Astra. Want to explore some gore techniques.

Hnnngh. You are one of many in this thread that I recognise from their work, and think "No, no, don't you dare make me look like crap."

I was pretty surprised the Sharks weren't the first gone, too.

I may regret this, but put me down for the Carcharodon Astra. Want to explore some gore techniques.

Hnnngh. You are one of many in this thread that I recognise from their work, and think "No, no, don't you dare make me look like crap."

;) Well that's putting some pressure on me.

Though I can see a lot of modelling 'heavy weights' doing this challenge, so this is going to be epic I think.

Now I just need to do some research on them...

Best of luck with this project guys, I'll be looking forward to see your results ;)

Any plans for how you're going to post your progress? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll be keen to follow this.

I'm loving the enthusiasm for this thread!

I've had a quick sort through my bits box and i can't decide whether to build a command squad or some sternguard (Fire Angels). If i do the command squad i think i'll also do the Fire Angels special character to lead it. Either way i'm looking forward to the challenge.

Where are we going to post pictures of our progress? Personally I think it would be a good idea to move this thread to the WIP section.

I can't wait to see what people come up with ;)

Hmm. Have had a rummage in the old bitz cupboard and I reckon I can knock up five (characterful) guys from what I've got. I reckon my modelling yardstick is 1000heathens - as long as I can make par with his work I'll be happy.

Oh, don't worry. You're guaranteed to have better looking models paint-wise than me. Well, unless I find that they're as nice to do as my Space Wolves.

Depending on Forge World shipping, I'm probably going to end up doing a tactical squad led by an apothecary. If the stuff does get here in time, however, I think I'll do either Haas and his Vanguard, or Sevrin Loth and his honor guard.

To all those that fear the heavyweight modellers and painters, fear not- ChaosLord Leon Enaek is at hand to make your work look excellent by comparisson (there's a reason I don't show up in the Hall of Honour :-) )!

However, if anyone would care to help me out- has anyone seen any good Cal conversions online? I need some ideas for a later round. Many thanks!

To all those that fear the heavyweight modellers and painters, fear not- ChaosLord Leon Enaek is at hand to make your work look excellent by comparisson (there's a reason I don't show up in the Hall of Honour :-) )!

However, if anyone would care to help me out- has anyone seen any good Cal conversions online? I need some ideas for a later round. Many thanks!

Which one's Cal? If he's the techmarine guy, I think I can find you some good stuff in my bookmarks.

I’ve made some small progress with my Raptors so far. I’ve been trying out some green colour variations and I’ve settled on the old faithful catachan green basecoat with camo green highlights. I’ve been experimenting with battle damage (mainly around the legs) and seeing what I can do with rust-coloured weathering powders. I’ve also changed my avatar to make it easier to instantly recognise which chapter I have.

@ Grimdarkness – feel free to do all 3 colour schemes. My Raptors will be set in Operation Sedna and made up of the green-coloured relief force and the tundra-coloured marines that infiltrated the polar defence fortress. I may also add a librarian in the future painted up in the old blue and yellow colour scheme.

@ Olisredan – thanks for compiling the list of who has which chapter. It saves me a job!

@ Kizzdougs – I’m not sure where would be the best place to post pictures of our progress. I was thinking of creating a blog and handing out the password to everyone involved and keeping this topic as more of a discussion. What does everyone think?

@ Brother Keyaetus – What do you think of the Tiger Claws chapter? Technically, they were in the Badab War. You could have them. See this link http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tiger_Claws

@ Brother Parradin – Sorry about missing out. If anyone does drop out then you’ll be the first to know. I feel bad that someone who wants to be a part of this can’t be.

Archived