Hand under-coated:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j448/Dyingdutchman2/P1020701.jpg

First basecoat:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j448/Dyingdutchman2/P1020708.jpg

Theoretically finished, but not for long:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j448/Dyingdutchman2/P1020709.jpg

After many attempts, Bob with transfers:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j448/Dyingdutchman2/P1020714.jpg

I've decided that I should actually be moving to a darker color, rather than a lighter color, so I'm going to try a 2:1 Adeptus/Mechanicus Grey:Chaos Black mix and see what happens. I'm also going to make the highlights more visible, as they don't show up very well. Also, he's a test model, meaning I wasn't really bothering to clean up anything, as you can probably tell from the bolter and other locations. Oh, and I think I'm going to lighten the black. It seems to dark currently.

Reporting in for the Fire Hawks first up, failed test marine,

gallery_48988_7173_675464.jpg

I was just using the paints I already had, i'll be going to GW on Fri for more appropriate colours.

Secondly, the assembled Sternguard squad

gallery_48988_7173_550583.jpg

gallery_48988_7173_972106.jpg

gallery_48988_7173_848079.jpg

gallery_48988_7173_907486.jpg

gallery_48988_7173_615022.jpg

Bolters are seperate for painting

Cheers,

Jono

Reporting in for the Fire Hawks first up, failed test marine,

gallery_48988_7173_675464.jpg

I was just using the paints I already had, i'll be going to GW on Fri for more appropriate colours.

Secondly, the assembled Sternguard squad

gallery_48988_7173_550583.jpg

gallery_48988_7173_972106.jpg

gallery_48988_7173_848079.jpg

gallery_48988_7173_907486.jpg

gallery_48988_7173_615022.jpg

Bolters are seperate for painting

Cheers,

Jono

Really like the powerfist cupping the bolter like that. Really cool. Also quite like the first combi-plasma. What parts did you use to make that?

Some nice progress there, ill be following this thread close :P

Not sure the etiquette for this, as its not poaching, but just wanted to say you're all welcome to post wip or finished shots to the other Badab thread as well - its just a place for Badab modellers to post and its very relaxed, but different enough that we are two seperate threads.

Also, wondering if down the track we might all throw in and have an open call to run a B+C Badab War online campaign? Youknow, post results of local games and Vassal matches, mostly cause i never get out of the house and a lot of people cant get a regular group together or havent played a campaign before but are interested.

Anyway, the maelstrom grows dark.......

Great looking minis Grotsmasha!

My latest Fire Angel. I tried to keep this marine really simple. Usually I'm guilty of trying to squeeze as much detail on to my minis as possible. I'm fairly happy with the result, in fact i think he is probably my favourite so far.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2168.jpg?t=1335761615

I'll probably add some more detail latter on.

Really enjoying seeing everybody's work :P keep it up!

Some nice progress there, ill be following this thread close :(

Not sure the etiquette for this, as its not poaching, but just wanted to say you're all welcome to post wip or finished shots to the other Badab thread as well - its just a place for Badab modellers to post and its very relaxed, but different enough that we are two seperate threads.

Also, wondering if down the track we might all throw in and have an open call to run a B+C Badab War online campaign? Youknow, post results of local games and Vassal matches, mostly cause i never get out of the house and a lot of people cant get a regular group together or havent played a campaign before but are interested.

Anyway, the maelstrom grows dark.......

I'd be up for an online campaign, at least through Vassal.

I'm much more interested in the Exorcists new scheme than the one presented in your post Dirge. However, that said, I don't doubt others will find that useful. :)

BTW, pictures are going up tomorrow of Sergeant Balus. With the squad itself I'm going for an anti-tank vibe, so there will be a melta coming soon. :D

Alright, so I'm currently working on the Rhino for the Tac Squad. I think I've gotten a nice fluff list written up, so I just need to add fluff blurbs to the units. I'm basing my force off the Pyraeus assault force, partially because it gives me a good reason to have Loth and Culln in the same force. To that end I have nothing in the army that can't deploy via Drop Pod or teleport, as I figure that the Thunderhawks wouldn't have been able to land at that point in time. I may choose to expand it later using the Siege Assault Vanguard and a load of Land Raiders. I've based it off a demi-company at the core, much like everyone else does, and it currently rests at 3,500 points.

Hey guys, got to GW today and picked some new paints,

gallery_48988_7173_135383.jpg

This is two thin coats of the Jokero Orange and Averland Sunset bases, straight on, no primer. Tomorrow Ogryn Flesh and some flames.

Cheers,

Jono

EDIT: Just discovered the RT Fire Hawks livery, which do you guys prefer? I quite like them both.

gallery_48988_7173_948.jpggallery_48988_7173_14679.jpg

Archived