A tale of 17 gamers

Well, since everyone is making good progress, thought I may as well get something done while I await some parts. I have here the basis for one of my tactical marines. Still missing the helmet and the gun, but everything else is pretty much ready to go.

Made from a lot of parts, like the knife from the Chaos Marine sprue, the shoulder pads from the Khorne Beserker sprue. Repositioned the knife as its rare to see marines hold it like that, plus thought it looked cool.

Any c&c most welcome.

The basis for this marine.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/Carcharodons%20Astra/333px-Mark_IV.jpg

Now the shots.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/Carcharodons%20Astra/Picture-002.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/Carcharodons%20Astra/Picture-003.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/Carcharodons%20Astra/Picture-001.jpg

Great stuff being posted here guys, Kizzdougs really impressed with your GS work. I can never get it so clean. Heathens your work is always an inspiration, Brother Syth likewise. Looking forward to these WIPs getting some paint. Im off to try and learn to paint white ;)

Alrighty then, here's a mostly completed (95%) Sergeant Balus. I say 'mostly' because the GS on the arm has shrunk and I'm not happy with the armpit GS.

gallery_60566_6313_1921453.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_1140622.jpg

Next will be Brother Tyrias, the Meltagunner. :D

Im off to try and learn to paint white :cuss

White Undercoat, Badab Black, layer over with Ceramite White, highlight with Skull White/White Scar.

Quick and easy White ;)

Like all the stuff I've seen so far and would join the other one, but I have exactly one spare Marine model :P

@ Grotsmasha - I definitely prefer the modern fire hawk scheme.

@ Brother Syth - your shark looks good but I'm curious to know if you're going to try and add those intricate white patterns to the armour.

@ Brother Keyaetus - I think the legs just have straight-forward yellow on them. I would recommend that whatever colour you choose make sure that the colour on the legs is the same as the colour on the shoulder pads. However, I really like the rogue trader tiger stripe scheme. There's nothing I like more than painting tiger stripe patterns but it could be difficult to apply to power armour.

Well damnit, found out there isnt a camera anywhere in this house that is able to take a photo of a model without it being a complete blur. Dont see a new one being bought anytime soon at all so I might have to stand by and see what happens, since being in a WIP with no source of photos doesn't really work at all.

Well damnit, found out there isnt a camera anywhere in this house that is able to take a photo of a model without it being a complete blur. Dont see a new one being bought anytime soon at all so I might have to stand by and see what happens, since being in a WIP with no source of photos doesn't really work at all.

Hmm. Well, that's a pickle. Perhaps if you want to take the pressure off you could sub in someone from the other thread, maybe? I don't know if anyone's doing Tiger Claws there, though. :)

@ ADB: I imagine youll be having a Minotaur based chinwag with ead when you next wander to the hq

That, and:

- A Horus Heresy meeting.

- A diplomatic begging of bitz, as most of my bitz box is useless Chaos stuff.

- Picking up Minotaur shoulder pads, Rhino doors, and transfers.

...all next week.

I'll have a 5-man squad done soon enough, though.

Here's a picture of the progress on my Raptors just to show I'm working on them. I'm not getting much free time so progress is slow.

gallery_36285_7182_458941.jpg

I know they look a mess at the moment but they do a great job of proving just how bad my sculpting skills are (in case anyone didn't believe me)!

I'm avoiding chest plates with an aquila on as I want these marines to look more practical and basic and less interested in armour decoration. the legs need roughing up a bit with textured paint and liquid green stuff and I promise they will look great when they're finished.

Hopefully. :D

Possibly. :D

Probably not! :lol:

Here is my Marines Errant Sternguard Squad. Equipped with Storm Bolters and a Heavy Flamer and put in an apothecary for Visual Effect because they do love their geneseed.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u489/kingleir/6b5a0674.jpg

Brother Syth - im really interested to see your tribal markings, as ive seen a LOT of samoan/polynesian tattooing that looks similar and its really terrifying up close.

Some amazing work guys, really inspirational. Ive come to really appreciate teh tiger claws since darkbrotherhood has turned up in teh flesh - i re-read his TC blog many times and its still actually ne of my fav armies.

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the Minotaurs A D-B, there an interesting modelling opportunity to say teh least.

Well I tried that camera today and once again, it failed. Tried every setting on it too. Guess its just not made for close up detail. I Should probably just pull out then, after all its 17 gamers, not 18 ;P

Now what to do with these new marines I bought, hmmmm.

Week 2 mini-challenge

As this project is a week old today I thought I would throw in an extra mini-challenge. Please note that this is completely optional and only the 5 space marines by the end of the month are compulsory.

The challenge is to write some background information for the 5 space marines you're working on at the moment and post it here. You can write as much or as little as you like. Here's my effort.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The members of Squad Krysaetos were the first Raptors to land on the blighted world of Gargathea. The deadly nature of the swamplands had prevented the 10th company from deploying to the surface as their light armour would have quickly corroded in such harsh conditions. However, even the thick ceramite plates of the power-armoured astartes soon displayed extreme corrosion of the lower leg armour. This caused joints to seize up and when combined with the boggy swamps of Gargathea, progress was particularly slow. All ammunition, grenades and other items had to be attached to higher armour plates to avoid the complete degradation of essential equipment.

Despite the treacherous conditions, squad Krysaetos successfully harried several Astral Claws emplacements and destroyed numerous key targets. Although 10 marines deployed to the surface only 5 survived due to the guerilla tactics and ambushes from the Mantis Warriors. After the Badab War the Raptors harboured their grudges against the Mantis Warriors and they still reserve a deep and unending hatred for that forgiven chapter.

Archived