A tale of 17 gamers

Retaliator Auric WIP

gallery_37532_7179_14440.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_26179.jpg

I'll be doing mini-histories for each of my guys after they're painted. Looking good everyone, I can't wait to see how all of this looks together!

@1000heathens- Nice conversion work. I'm working on some Astral Claws in the other thread, where did you get the bit for the combat shield? I'm thinking I will want to pick some up for my own conversions

Week 2 mini-challenge

As this thread is a week old today I thought I would throw in an extra mini-challenge. Please note that this is completely optional and only the 5 space marines by the end of the month are compulsory.

The challenge is to write some background information for the 5 space marines you're working on at the moment and post it here. You can write as much or as little as you like.

I'll take the case. Love the idea of bonus bits, and I dug your fluffette.

Retaliator Auric WIP

I'll be doing mini-histories for each of my guys after they're painted. Looking good everyone, I can't wait to see how all of this looks together!

Dude. That rocks on toast.

@ Keyaetus - Don't worry about pulling out of this project but I'm not going to give your place away. No way. You've been a major contributor to this thread and I'm going to keep the Tiger Claws open for you just in case you come across a decent camera with a macro setting! ;)

@ AD-B - Thanks for the praise man. Coming from you that means a lot. While I'm at it I may as well say thanks for redefining 40K and thanks for making space marines so much cooler than they used to be. Also, thanks for creating Black Jaw in Soul Hunter. He really was my favourite character and I was sad to see him die but the few pages that he featured on were just amazing. It was great to get into the head of such a flawed character (not that your novels have any shortage of flawed characters!) I've pre-ordered Butchers Nails, Void Stalker and The Emperor's Gift and I can't wait for them to arrive. If you enjoy being a part of this Badab War project then I'm really pleased.

Retaliator Auric WIP

That is so cool. I really want that chainaxe, love the extra details you've got there.

As for the fluff, I might try a little, after I've painted the marines. Though I can guarantee it won't be very good.

Thanks for the comments, gents. I am currently (im)patiently waiting for some paints to come in, but until that time, I'll continue to drive on with the modelling.

Retaliator Desba WIP

gallery_37532_7179_20655.jpg

Things are coming along well, with some excellent stuff on here (I am looking at you heathens!).

Good idea with the fluff, you knows I love the fluff!! Looking forward to a certain BL writers (no pressure ;) )

Just dropping in to say great work everyone! Got to love two Badab War painting threads in the WIP forum at the same time. It has put my butt in gear!

I think my head would explode if i tried to paint up that old tiger claws scheme, wonder what an army painted like that would actually look like though haha

I'll let you know when it happens! :P

Still waiting on paint... ah, the joys of living on the other side of the world from everything, lol. Anyhow, here's my next Retaliator and his mercury-pattern meltagun, of Badabian manufacture. Or, as I like to call it, the mini-mega-meltagun, lol.

Retaliator Cheveyo WIP

gallery_37532_7179_21683.jpg

(I promise the greenstuff is smoother than it looks, lol.)

Great work guys! I really like Heathens' conversion work and Grotsmasha's painting is looking awesome!

I've managed to get some paint on my first three Fire Angels. Just base colours so far, although i have done a couple of stages on the silver areas.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2174.jpg?t=1336388899

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2173.jpg?t=1336389148

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2171.jpg?t=1336390017

I'm really pressed for time at the moment but hopefully I'll get some more work done soon.

Kizzdougs those are looking great, the gs icons look like they came on the kit. Excellent.

1000heathens your latest guy as well is a fantastic conversion. Cant wait to see you start painting.

@1000heathens: Cool looking marine as usual. Very interesting melta there.

@Grotsmasha: really liking the look of these, and the banner is a great idea. Looking forward to seeing these finished.

@kizzdougs: These are shaping up well. Your chapter badge looks most excellent and the scheme looks great so far. So much further than I am, my first marine is still headless and weaponless.

Got my first marines errant Sternguard done(besides the insignia, need to buy yellow).

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u489/kingleir/ae906d18.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u489/kingleir/803f9515.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u489/kingleir/33fd8faa.jpg

Im not sure I like the look of the drybrush paints and so may just stick to layers for the rest of them.

I'm going to try and make the base look like the floor in a ship, keyword being try.

Really liking the looks of the models coming out so far.

The colors look wonderful man, you nailed the split scheme. Your freehand is spot on too, but I do have one nitpick... There is a gnarly mold line running through his head, bro. Might want to give his noggin a shave, lol. Other than that, looking good!

Kingleir: That's a wonderful scheme :wallbash: What did you use for the blue armour? And so did you use the drybrush paints in the end or not?

Ludovic

I used the colour guides off of the GW website for both white and blue(ultramarines). Primed White. Used White Then Blue from base to dry, then glazed blue.

I used the Drybrush for both Colours On this marine. White turned out fairly good. The Etherium blue, on the other hand is to light for the rest of the scheme in my opinion, and Even after glazing over it 2 or 3 times in some places it still awkwardly stands out against the rest of the armour in strong light settings.

-edit-

I'm leaning towards leaving out the Drybrush and Glaze but i will be testing it again on one of my spare models before I decide that (it could after all be a mishap on my part and not the paint.

I Just noticed the mould lines on head are on all 5 of my Squad. Ill fix the other 4 and see how much this guy stands out in the end before I carve him up.

Wow! The progress on this thread is both impressive and a little bit intimidating!

I've finished building my Raptors now and I'm pleased with how they've turned out.

gallery_36285_7182_24777.jpg

I'm still not sure on the best way to build the bases up as swamps though. Think I may add some grass tufts or dead trees or something along those lines.

They are indeed very beefy legs. They may be a bit too big but I wanted to try something different for a change. There are much better true-scaled marines out there and this is just my first attempt so hopefully future attempts will be more realistically proportioned. Hopefully!

Archived