+++ Crusade Expansion Challenge VIII +++

Since yesterday was my day off I spent the day painting them and here they are!

Why they are shiney? I put a layer of varnish on them to protect them from the random kids that seem to infect all game shops. I don't mind the kids too much but I already had my predator broken by one. I found that varnishing them helps holding them together.

Black Templar Terminators

They look good.....but doesn't the oath mention you have to base them? I feel if you do the bases you can really make your models stand out. :)

I Gunrunr, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

- 5 Neophytes

- 2 Initiates (cool OOP models acting as my squad leaders)

- 5 Assault Terminators

I will have these units completed no later than June 23rd, 2012 and I will also provide a picture showing the glorious addition/s to my Crusade.

You need more Initiates to make the crusader squad legal, brother!

OK, then I'll drop the two lone Initiates and just focus on the Neophytes and Assault Terminators. I'm really excited about the Terminators because I'm going to trying out a cool lightning effect on their thunder hammers that I just learned.

The units you include in your vow must be legal units from the codex; ergo, since we can't take Neophytes on their own, you must paint at least 5 Initiates in addition to the Neophytes.

Since yesterday was my day off I spent the day painting them and here they are!

Why they are shiney? I put a layer of varnish on them to protect them from the random kids that seem to infect all game shops. I don't mind the kids too much but I already had my predator broken by one. I found that varnishing them helps holding them together.

Black Templar Terminators

If you want to take the shine off get some testors dullcote.

*edit stupid predictive text

I Gunrunr, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

- 5 Assault Terminators with storm shields and thunder hammers

I will have these units completed no later than June 23rd, 2012 and I will also provide a picture showing the glorious addition/s to my Crusade.

The only part of my vow will be the Terminators. I still need to reinforce my current squads with Neophytes and I am still going to build my two OOP models but I'm not including them in the vow.

I, Nards08, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

- 1 Forgeworld Dreadnought

- 1 Rhino

I, reckoning34, will fully paint and base this unit for my Crusade:

- Marshal w/ PW and SS

I will have this unit completed no later than June 23rd, 2012 and I will also provide a picture showing the glorious addition/s to my Crusade.

I, Reeeen0690, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

High Marshall Helbrecht - Completed 12/05/2012 http://imgur.com/a/ckznL

10 Initiates

5 Assault Terminators - Completed 12/05/2012 http://imgur.com/a/u1MRO

5 Assault Marines - Completed 19/05/2012 (pictures to come)

I will have these units completed no later than June 23rd, 2012 and I will also provide a picture showing the glorious additions to my Crusade.

Haven't done much for my Templars in ages, figure I should get some done.

I, Spawnius, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

- 7 Initiates (CS&BP x6, PF&BP x1)

I, Brother Sellsword, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

1 Bike Squad of 3 Initiates

1 Emperor's Champion

I am going to out of town for my sisters wedding then going on a trip with the wife :P so I had to bust ass and get these done!

Here they are: Crusade Expansion Challenge VIII album

I will try to keep up with the forums while out of town!! Hope I did ok on them :cuss

Wm

Edited: for spelling

You must be the fastest assembler/painter on the planet. Vow taken may 03 at 11:01 am, pics uploaded may 03 11:05 am. :)

I had them built and sitting around, it's my third EC and ninth LS. I won't have accepted had I not been able to finish them before I left town for the wedding and trip. I saw the vow and was tossing around whether or not I wanted to do that or play at the shop. So I decided to hammer them out. Took an afternoon each to do them both.

I, Arthanor, will fully paint and base this unit for my Crusade:

- One Emperor's Champion

I will have this unit completed no later than June 23rd, 2012 and I will also provide a picture showing the glorious addition to my Crusade.

I, montpup, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

1 CONTEMPTOR PATTERN DREADNOUGHT

5 terminators

1 landraider crusader

1 land raider spartan (if released in time)

I, Mike Zulu, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

- Crusader Squad (7 Initiates, 2 Neophytes | Power Fist, Melta Gun, Frag Grenades | Rhino w/Smoke Launchers)

- Crusader Squad (7 Initiates, 3 Neophytes | Missile Launcher, Melta Gun, Frag Grenades | Rhino w/Smoke Launchers)

As a sign of good faith, I will show you the exact models I intend to paint:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7080/7225505014_c8417fcbe4_o.jpg

I, Dovian, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

- unit of Sword Brethren Terminators

- Vindicator

If I get a camera before I start painting I will post before and after pics.

Greetings honored brothers. I am new aboard the B&C battle barge and can think of no better way to introduce myself than by adding my vow to the chorus

I, Marshal Veyross, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

- 6 mighty sword brethren assault terminators (4 lightning claw, 2 thunder hammer and storm shields)

- A land raider crusader with which to carry them into glorious battle

One question though, may I submit these same units as part of the E TENEBRAE LUX painting challenge under the banner of the Black Templars? (The vow here will bring glory to my crusade, The vow there will bring glory to my chapter)

Okies, I'm a first timer but I'm gonna make a go of this anyway :(

I've only just started playing Black Templars, so I don't really have a lot yet but I'll make an attempt as I only have some HQ units right now. I was just wondering though, as I am working late until Thursday night (24th) Can I begin my vow starting on Thursday meaning that I have 4 weeks from then as I might be busy at work and will need as much time as possible ;)

I, Rysaer, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

- 1 x Emperors Champion.

- 1 x Castellan Draco.

- 5 x Sword Brethern Veterans.

I also have been given a Chaplain Grimaldus and his Retinue, but I seem to have misplaced them right now, If I can find them then I may do those also, but I'll post and let you know if I am going to.

Good Luck to all my brethern in this endeavour and I am looking forward to seeing the results of our most glorious crusade.

I, Philsminions, will fully paint and base this unit for my Crusade:

- One rebuilt BT Dred (recycled AOBR POS from eBay :P )

I will have this unit completed no later than June 23rd, 2012 and I will also provide a picture showing the glorious addition to my Crusade.

It's a shame I can't commit to do more, but work, travel, a little vacay, school, and a very insane family life only permit so much "me" time! I plan to use this challenge as a way to pick up where I shamefully left off. I was trying to use the last painting challenge momentum to get this guy done. Unfortunately, several weeks of travel for work came up and I got loaded down with a large series of projects that will take me through the end of the fiscal year. There are days when it really sucks being a responsible, productive member of society! Good luck to you brothers!

I, ScRIPtures, will fully paint and base these units for my Crusade:

- A Landraider Crusader; and

- A Razorback.

I will have these units completed no later than June 23rd, 2012 and I will also provide a picture showing these glorious additions to my Crusade.

I, Brother Chrisopher, will fully paint and base this unit for my Crusade:

- 1 Terminator Armour Castellan with a Storm Shield and Thunder Hammer

The vow is very humble, because of two reasons: the DA challenge and my examination session.

The model will be a "recycled" AoBR Terminators, I'll provide some pictures later on.

EDIT: The work must be quick, because of the exams on Monday. Here's a link to a picture of the old model, from the very beginnings of my army collection. He's going to have a nice DOT-4 bath to remove the old paint and some green-stuffing later on.

Archived