ANIMOSITY - 40k Narrative Campaign Weekend in Mansfield

geordie09

ANIMOSITY in the Dicordia System - Sponsored by BITZ BOX

Maelstrom Games, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, on the 15th and 16th of December 2012.

We're arranging a Warhammer 40,000 narrative campaign for the above dates at the above venue. We're extending an invitation to gamers from across the region and the UK to join us for some action in the 41st Millenium. The plan is simple. Hopefully we'll have 20+ people (the more the better) who would like to attend the campaign weekend with us. We hope to make the weekend something for gamers to remember, and enjoy (hopefully). What we don't want to do is host a tournament. So if you would like to attend please come with an open mind and bear in mind that your opponents want to have a good time at a narrative campaign. If they wanted to go to a tournament and play in uber-competative mode, they would.

We are planning four games for day one. It may seem like alot but Maelstrom is open into the evening and the first game will be a short skirmish game. The second game will involve planetstrike, games three and four will use standard 40k rules one of which will encorporate a doubles game with a task force ally. Sunday will see the Apocalypse... whether this is an all in game, good vs not so good, or a number of task force apocalypse games running simultaneously will be arranged at a later date depending upon numbers.

Task forces are essentially a team of three or four players. A task force is made up using similar forces united for the campaign. An example would be the Task Force - Evangelus Dominus, which will hopefully include Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Raven Guard. The general idea is to incorporate forces who adhere to a theme into the relevent task force.

Due to the nature of a narrative campaign we do hope to include forces of all the 40k codex and races. In order to accomplish this we will be limiting numbers so that we don't have an exclusively Space Marine based campaign weekend. Many people who play are forced to play marines vs marines all the time due to the popularity of the codex. The idea is not to penalise Space Marine players but to enhance the experience, so until we get an idea of the numbers we'll be limiting the task forces to 3-4 until we know we can accomodate more or have greater interest. The task forces are detailed in the dakkadakka thread and players will be added to the roster as and when they sign up.

Signing up... If you'd like to attend simply leave a message on the dakkadakka thread or email me at venerabledread@hotmail.co.uk and I'll add you to the roster. Please specifiy your allegiance or ask any questions you need to. If you could email me at venerabledread@hotmail.co.uk with the same information so that we can also collect email addresses for the more important messages regarding ticketing, and payment etc that would be appreciated.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/440020.page

Remember to email me at venerabledread@hotmail.co.uk

Important stuff... I was hoping this would be a free campaign weekend but Maelstroms policy requires a mandatory buffet ordered for each day. It will cost £20 each to attend. This covers the buffet and a prize pot fund which will go towards the competitions. They have a bar at the site, with this in mind we would appreciate that anybody under the legal age for alchohol refrains from drinking as we won't be held responsible. Also, any participants under the age of 16 should be accompanied to the event by an adult (somebody over 21). The adult can be another participant in the campaign weekend as long as they know you and will take responsibility for your youthful exuberance... you're not our kids!

I would like to thank BITZ BOX for helping us to progress the campaign and providing us with a prize for our Conversion Competition. Follow this link to our sponsors home page, where you can find all of the Bitz you could ever need.

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/

Thanks dudes.

Geordie09

• 4 weeks later...

Archived