The Dornian Heresy - IA: Salamanders (Under Development)

Aurelius Rex

• 2 weeks later...
Well, this is just great... I can understand any personal stuff, naturally everyone got issues irl, but to ignore the cummunity you've built is a bit impolite. No offence, but I really do not see why Aurelius does not have 5 minutes to write something here. (And yes, it's because I'm ignorant, impatient, and also worried, but I'd like to be enlightened, please.)

Maybe because he puts considerably more effort and intellectual rigor into completing this labor of love than 5 minutes would allow? Maybe because his real life issues, whatever they may be, are considerably more important than you can appear to fathom since he has prioritized them that way.

I can assure you guys that ARex is around and quietly working on things. He'll post them when he's ready, which is to say when he thinks that the material he's developed is of sufficient quality to meet whatever standards of excellence he has set for himself. Even then, ARex gets to determine the method of presentation, so everyone might just have to wait until he completes everything rather than getting things piecemeal.

In the meantime, you guys really need to be patient. You have no grounds to demand that he post updates. Such impatience is rude and, based on the explanations (and apologies) ARex has provided for the slowness, inconsiderate.

=][=

In the meantime, you guys really need to be patient. You have no grounds to demand that he post updates. Such impatience is rude and, based on the explanations (and apologies) ARex has provided for the slowness, inconsiderate.

Whilst I absolutely agree with you on the subject of rudeness, I don't think that Kelbor was referring to actual updates, but simply to "I'm still alive" sort-of messages.

Whilst I absolutely agree with you on the subject of rudeness, I don't think that Kelbor was referring to actual updates, but simply to "I'm still alive" sort-of messages.

Nailed it. I didn't want to be rude, but a 'Hey guys, I'm still alive!' would've been nice (was in fact promised as well).

So I'm not demanding an update, or anything (I know it won't be due to cicra 2013), I'm just asking for some communication, that's all...

Nailed it. I didn't want to be rude, but a 'Hey guys, I'm still alive!' would've been nice (was in fact promised as well).

So I'm not demanding an update, or anything (I know it won't be due to cicra 2013), I'm just asking for some communication, that's all...

There is a saying for this situation "No news, is good news".

It is indicated by the amount of collaboration ARex has received from other board members that people within the community are in contact with him and therefore if there was any information that merits being posted, it shall be. Gratefully there has been no such posts. While it is very plaudible that people care enough to worry about the lack of news from ARex, there is no need to give in to the irrational anxiety over the matter to actually hear from ARex. Afterall this is not the first time he has gone quiet on the board ;).

There is a saying for this situation "No news, is good news".

It is indicated by the amount of collaboration ARex has received from other board members that people within the community are in contact with him and therefore if there was any information that merits being posted, it shall be. Gratefully there has been no such posts. While it is very plaudible that people care enough to worry about the lack of news from ARex, there is no need to give in to the irrational anxiety over the matter to actually hear from ARex. Afterall this is not the first time he has gone quiet on the board ;).

Well as an information junkie, I never quite understood that saying, but I get the message :cuss

It's just that this latest endeavour was meant to be a public editing process, with a lot more communication than usual. And suddenly, bam, AR went silent, then he came back, promising some kind of sitrep, then a long silence again... It was a bit confusing, especially why the other board members didn't care to share any info either.

But ok, I'll wait a few more months, no big deal, just have to stop checking this site day after day...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hah! Aureilus work is amazing and I am working  minor elements of his Dornian Heresy, such as the Ultramarines tradition of claiming new territory/right to found a new chapter, into some DIY chapters for Deathwatch.
Looking forward to when he posts again.  Until that time, may death come swiflty to his enemies and delectable foodstuffs come quickly to his dinner table!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Almost one year that the salamander topic have been started by. Aurelius Rex .

Sadly I think he will never come back , because no one manage to join him . I hope for him that all is going well IRL.

But I have to ask the question : does any admin have thought to continue the Dornian Heresy ? Or maybe a close friend of Aurelius ?

I fear Aurelius is lost to us forever, I shall have the astropaths inform the Adeptus Terra to light a Black Candle and toll the Bell of Lost Souls.

May the Emperor welcome our brother's soul to his side.

Come on guys, let`s not be melodramatic. If Aurelius can get back to the Dornian Heresy, he will, and we`ll just have to wait. If not, we`ll just have to live with that. He`s given lot to us already.

No news is not always good news.cry.gif

My point exactly... I think AR has some troubles IRL, but I couldn't contact him, so it's only a guess. And after my last tango with the mods, I wouldn't ask any of them either, so no info, and not much hope here :/

Yeah, I was actually trying to contact him and the system said he's not accepting new messages.

Want work on a codex for some of this stuff or try to carry on bits of it from here whilst we wait?

I've been debating whether or not to write the Dornian Heresy Death Guard for some time now.  Maybe I'll get off my writer's block and get on that.  While the Salamanders are my favourite of the Legions, I was never any good at making Chaos legion writeups.

Archived