Fantasia Fanatic - Only BT out of 80 players

Doomarn

So on the 28-29th of April we had a tournament here up in the northen Sweden. I came with my Black Templars taking a list that suited what i had painted and my passion for taking a more CC armylist than the usual (i stand in my deployment shooting until its over) list. The senarios was centered about using scoring units to claim objectives or board halves at the end of turn 3, combined with taking named objectives again at the end of the game, often having 2 extra points for the one taking most killpoints. Tournament was played 3 games on saturday and 2 on sunday.

This is the list i played.

EC - accept any challenge

Marshal - Lclaw,SS, A-mantle, Frag, Melta bomb

7 assault terminators - 2x dual Lclaws, rest with TH,SS and all with Furious Charge

6/2 crusader squad - Rhino: XA,Smoke

PF,Melta,Frags

6/2 crusader squad - Rhino: XA,Smoke

PW,Melta,Frags

2x5 Crusader squad - Las,plas in each

5 crusader squad - Rhino: XA,Smoke

MM,Melta

Typhoon

Typhoon

Typhoon

Predator - auto, side las,

LRC - blessed hull, smoke

I choose to put LRC as a heavy choice because they had a rule where dedicated transports could not contest/claim objectives.

First game was against Space Wolves senario was spearhead and 5 objectives.

Nothing fancy in his army, he had picked stuff that was painted, much like me.

Logan

Runepriest-LL,MH

1 Lord on bike with TH,SS,saga of the bear and 2+ armor save

2x venerable dreads, 1 with twin auto, the other with plasmacannon

1x dread with twin las, ML

4 wolfguard terminators with different setups

9 grey hunters in a Rhino

1 typhoon

1 speeder with MM,H-flamer

1 Landraider - godhammer version

He siezed and popped my LRC with his LR on turn 1. My terminators killed logan and his terminators but got stuck on a venerable dread that held them for 3-4 combat turns, his bike lord was chewing up my small crusader squads, I just couldnt stop that guy. would have won with 2 more pts if i killed 1 speeder and his LR on last turn, but snake eyes on MM,Melta standing within 6" range on LR and 2 typhoons missing all shots on his speeder gave him 1 more killpoint taken. I got 2 objectives he none.

12-8

Second game was against Tyranids, senario was a bit blurry and alot of ppl had trouble calculating the correct points for it. You had to take his objective zones, clear out your own objective zones but not having your own troop within the zone,(the zone was a square 12" from longside and shortside of your deployment) also 2 extra points for the one who had most killpoints and 2 pts awarded for most killpoints within 6" from center of the board.

His list was a real shooty one and he pretty much stood still shooting me while his genestelaers outflanked to get to my objective zones

2x tervigons

2x tyrannofex

3x3 hive guards

5x6 genestealers

3 biovores.

Deployment was a bit strange as well, you could deploy everything except vehicles that came in on turn 1 from reserve just like in dawn of war. but with no Nightfighting. He started and managed to shoot 2 marines but thats it. I came in with everything, moving everything except LRC and my MM,Melta squad up on my left side (he had most of his army deployed on his left side), didnt do a single wound with my shooting and decided to gamble not popping smoke on my LRC since his tyrannofexes couldnt shoot at it without giving me a cover save from a building. he backed up even more but 1 unit of hiveguard moved forward , his shooting only stunned some speeders, but 3 hiveguards shoot at my LRC imobilising it, (6 to glance, and another 6) insanely lucky. After that i just had to leg it with my terminators, he shoot them up with me failing about 2 saves each turn so when i finally got into combat i had 2 left, charged a unit of hiveguards, did ZERO wounds and he killed 1. that was about the average on my dices all game. Lost the game with him taking both my zones i got 1 of his, he got the killpoints but i got the center game points ( Yeah it doesnt make sence but bear with me)

5-15

Third game i got to play against Grey Knights. I personally hate GK since you dont even have to be there to win with it. (I bet i could be in another room just saying on the phone what unit I want to shoot at or kill in CC and I would win against pretty much any codex except SW,Necrons).

Opponents list was not the most optimized but could still beat the snot out of alot of armies on that tournament.

Draigo

Inquisitor - term armor and stuff

4x5 regular grey knights in razorbacks, 2 psycannon in each squad, Heavy bolter turrent with the usual psy ammo on 3 and the fourth had twin las

1 unit of henchmen with 2 plasmaguns in a razorback-Heavy bolter turrent

2x riflemen dreads

vindicare assassin

1 dreadknight with incinerator

1 unit of interceptors or what the hell they are called. (able to make a shunt move)

i won the roll and deployed first, senario was to hold board halves in turn 3 with scoring units, then quarters at the end of the game but you could take that with any unit giving killpoint, to top that off you got pts for taking most killpoints.

i deployed agressively wanting to get into CC and try to beat him in combat. He deployed draigo, inquisitor and a unit of knights together at the center of his deployment the rest was from center and everything to his left side. Draigo made both dreads scoring + dreadknight giving him 7 scoring units vs my 5.

He siezed me and first turn shooting killed LRC, 2 speeders and made my predator not shoot. 2 terminators died in the explosion from LRC (insane), third speeder got imobilized.(I dont care how its spelled you know what i mean)

My turn i just moved forward not reaching anything, shooting did nothing. His second turn he killed 2 more terminators with stormbolters and psycannons (only getting 1 rending), both my rhinos with CC units + characters exploded and a few marines died but i held, shooting killed whole unit except marshal that i moved forward, he then charged my remaining terminators with draigo + unit and killed them all. his dreadknight charged my EC unit and left EC + 2 marines alive, EC managed to get 1 wound onto the dreadknight. Marshal got charged by a unit of knights but he killed 3 taking no wounds back, but he held. My turn i did zero with shooting again, marshal killed the knights, EC + unit died to dreadknight, At the end of turn3 i had 2 marines left and a rhino, and he tabled me in his turn 4.

0-20

Game 4. Imperial guard made for killing marines (his own words)

2 exterminator lemanruss with side sponsor plasma cannons

i think he had 6 units of troops in chimeras, alot of meltaguns in them

2 command units in chimeras with 3 plasmaguns

3 tanks with a template multimelta weapon that was fast.. cant remember the name.

Senario was dawn of war with victory points only. I just deployed my 2 units of las,plas crusaders the rest would just come in on turn1, He reserved 1 command unit and 1 unit of troops. His turn 1 he came in with everything and shooting killed 1 marine. I moved up with everything going flat out with all speeders on my right flank where he had nothing, my MM,Melta unit came up behind speeders. Shooting did nothing. His turn 2 he moved up again but was to far away to get within 12" with his MM tanks. he blew up the EC rhino, killed 1 marine in same unit and i passed morale and ran forward 6". My turn 2 i moved LRC up in the middle trowing smoke, got a few stunned results with shooting and my EC unit ran up the middle charging into a MM vehicle blowing it up. Here is where everything turned and he pretty much failed everything. He did manage to kill 1 unit of las,plas crusaders but nothing more. In my turn 3 i just rushed forward with terminators tripple charging 3 chimeras taking them all out, some guards died in the explosions, speeders was taking side shots on vehicles stunning or blowing them up. I killed some tanks with shooting as well. This was repeated in turn 4 and 5 with my terminators just steamrolling through his lines taking no casualties from his shooting, I tabled him in turn 6 but since it was a victory point game he did get 1 point from taking out some units.

19-1

Game 5. Necrons

Senario was 2 objectives 18" from short sides and at the middle line. game points awarded for each objective at the end of turn 3 and last turn. you also got pts for taking out most killpoints.

Now I like Necrons and I think they can be pretty brutal, This dude was a soft gamer though and had a mix of things he thought was cool.

Imotekh

2 destruction crypteks

10 immortals - with gauss

C´tan - some powers that was never used. re-deploy and some CC power.

2x9 warriors in ghost arcs

10 warriors

5 scarabs

3 destroyers

1 doomsday arc

1 annihilation barge

Monolith

Not a very good list and the guy playing it was a casual gamer. He reserved imotekh with immortals and his 10 warriors. his turn 1 he killed 1 speeder and EC rhino with imotekhs lighting (didnt even bother to ask if it could be done with him in reserve, didnt care) rest of his shooting did nothing, i rushed forward with everything even my walking crusader squads, killed 3 scarabs with LRC using the assault cannon and machine spirit. Nothing more. After this it was just downhill for him, he came in with destroyers and imotekh, choose to end the nightfighting himself to shoot but didnt kill much, my turn i moved forward, LRC killed monolith with MM, terminators killed destroyers, scarabs died. He did kill 6 terminators in his turn 3 with shooting but one of the dual L-claw terminator survived, some rhino got smacked by shooting but nothing else, He forgot about the objectives and i just stepped up and claimed them in my turn 3. My single terminator then charged imotekh and immortals doing 3 wounds taking none back, he failed morale and ran off the table (i kind of felt sorry for him). In the end i got another objective and won the killpoints with 3 more than him.

15-5

End result was 38th place out of 80. But felt nice to be at the top half knowing i came there with an outdated codex, (was more interested in the beer and food we enjoyed in the evening) And a mindset to just play for fun and to hell with the WAAC crap.

Archived